Tuesday, July 11, 2006

The Swim

I have been concerned about the swimming distance and cut-off time for my upcoming triathlon. The most laps I have put togther in a row has been 20. I need to do 36 laps to equal the 825 meters of the tri. So this morning I was determined to do at least 20.
Upon reaching 20 laps I decided I could squeeze out two more for 22. Then I thought maybe I could make it to 25, then when I hit 25 I thought, what the heck, go for 30! Well I made 36 laps without stopping and my time was 27 minutes, just two minutes over the cutoff time!

I think I can do this! :-)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heck of a job on your swim. I'm still a tri-virgin, but when I started my swim training, that's exactly how I built up to being able to do the mile swim w/o stopping. You just add a couple at a time and before you know it, bam, Clydesdale swims a mile. Keep it up.

Peace.

Julia said...

That's really good timing on the swim. Just think what'll happen as your training improves!

Steph said...

You know you've reached a new level (of mental and physical strength) when you find yourself saying "ok, I can do this; I can do a few more!"

There is NO DOUBT that you will be successful in this triathlon. Good luck!!!

The Amateur said...

nice work on the swim, i am sure you can do this!

Veeg said...

You'll TOTALLY be able to make the cut-off time. You'll swim faster in the actual swim than you do during training. :)

Duane said...

Thanks everyone for all your encouragement!

Duane said...

Thanks everyone for all your encouragement!