One year ago today I started blogging my journey to fitness. I have changed a couple race goals from that first post, but I have kept going, through injuries, sometimes self-doubt and sometimes whining. But, always with a lot of support from you bloggers! (and a lot of great advice!). I am really looking forward to the second year!
I went to the tri clinic yesterday and really enjoyed it. There were approximatley 30 in the audience and 25 or so were gearing up for their first triathlon. There were two kids about 12 or 13 and a lady about 50 or so, and everything in between. The speakers were great and they covered basic bike maintenance, mental preparation, transitions, strength and conditioning, and nutrition. The goody bag we came home with was very good!
Steve checked out my bike and thinks I should stay on it for at least till summer and look at the situation again when I have dropped a bunch of weight and see how I'm liking it after some serious riding. I will be changing out the handle bars and adding pedals with clip ons (If I can find 14 EEEE bike shoes!). You know what they say about men with big hands and big feet . . . . . . big gloves and big shoes :-)
As for my weight, I had gone back up to 405 over the winter and not being able to walk. I'm now back down to 396 since I went back up to 3000-3500 cals per day. I keep having to fight the urge to cut my calories, it's such a mental thing. I have also now been 11 days without bread and one year, two months, and 18 days without pizza!
Thursday evening I meet with Pete for our first coaching meeting, I am excited! He, Kathy, and Steve really now there stuff, have a lot of great success personally in triathlon, and have that same success coaching.
Hope you all have a really great week!
11 comments:
Happy 1 yr blog anniversary.
Great job avoiding bread. That rocks!
Sounds like you had a good weekend with the clinic and advice with your bike.
Have a great week!!
Hey, down another 9 pounds is awesome. Much as it is a mental pain, putting on "winter weight" is fairly common. You're dropping it, now, which is key.
And you're getting rid of it despite some of the physical issues, which is a sure sign of what you'll be capable of when you get those feet back up to 100%.
Keep up the great work.
Wow, 1 year already?!?!?! That's awesome - lets hope this year keeps you injury free so you can race and train like a wildman!
Happy Anniversary Duane!!!
Good job on the 9 lbs. Keep it up and fight that urge to cut calories. I know from experience that doesn't necessarily work.
One year...Great Job! I'll be looking for you to have a banner year this year. It's good to see that you are going to come down to Tempe to do the Quarterman, we'll have to plan a meeting.
Happy Blogaversary, Duane!
Sounds like the clinic was right up your alley!
Happy Blogiversary!
Sounds like it was a good clinic. This is your year!
Gosh has it been that long? Well done on everything!! You are a wonderful example of dreaming big and sticking at it :)
Happy anniversary!!
happy anniversary!
sounds like your head is in the right place about your eating. with your training, you're going to need the calories and you want to train your body to use stored fat.
i can't wait to see where the next year takes you!!
The bike is looking good, Duane! Keep up your hard work and those LB's will fall off!
Post a Comment