The Good: I only have one kidney stone and the Dr does not have to look inside my bladder with a camera! Hurray! Kelly is liking her training and we are having fun working out together. I have had a good week working out, just looked at my Training Peaks account and since 4/2/07 I have swam 22450 yds, I feel good about that.
The Bad: I have a kidney stone, 2 cm in size, ouch! I have to go in for a special x-ray next Thursday so they can see what kind it is. The treatment will be either drugs to disolve it or some kind of sonic wave to blast it apart based on the type. I should know on Friday afternoon. If we have to go the blasting route I may have to wait until I drop some more weight before the treatment, bummer!
The Ugly: People's attitudes. The PA is telling me that I may have to drop some weight for the blasting of the stone and maybe this is a good thing as it may help me change my ways and lifestyle and I should start exercising and drop some weight. How dare she assume! I wanted to say "you stupid (insert cuss word here)I work out 10-12 times a week and probably eat healthier than you do!" But I held my tongue and politely informed her I have already dropped about 80 pounds and work out 10-12 times a week, so no change will be necessary, thank you! Ugh! Maybe I'll show her my workout schedule for the past month just for fun!
Have a great weekend! Kelly and I will be doing some serious biking tommorrow! Yay!
15 comments:
people are so rude. Funny how it is more often the one in the health sector. Doesn't matter those who love you know what you are doing. :)
Anyway, good luck with the stone. Ouchhh.
Owie! I hope they can do something to treat it sooner than later.
It's cool that you and Kelly are working out together. How fun!
Silly woman - and you handled it with grace. You are doing GREAT with weight and exercise.
I'm so glad to hear no cameras in tight places!!!
Man that's awsome your daughter and you are training together. Your creating a bond and memories youll both remember for a lifetime!
OVER 22000 METERS! Goodness man! I am thoughoughly impressed, I swam 2000 in May. Only got that because the 2 races I did had swims. lol. Love you blog man!
Ouch re: stone.
Great that you and Kelly are getting quality bike time together!
Hope the stone isn't too painful.
Awesome that your daughter and you are training together! Way to creat a great bond!
It's amazing how sanctimonious and judgemental people can be about weight - especially if either a) they have never struggled with it so they think it's easy or b) they conquered it, so 'if I can do it why can't you?' You are a good man not to bite her head off! I hope the stones come out the easy way, whatever that turns out to be! Thanks for so much encouragement on the way to my tri!
Owwww, I feel your pain. Or at least I have felt your pain and I recall it as worse than the 18 hr labor and natural birth of my 9lb son. That outta make you feel better, huh?! Take it easy.
Well done not smacking down that ignorant person - but you are always so positive and a good example to us!
Fingers crossed for a not-too-bad resolution to the kidney stone.
What an inspiration you are to your daughter :)
ouch. Just - ouch. Glad you set her straight. Some people need to be reminded not to make assumptions, and that they are not god.
One of the things I love about triathlon is that it has been an eye opened to see all the different kinds of people who participate. It gives one hope that the seceret lives of the people you meet are really much more positive than you may think.
Hello Duane I just came across your blog and wanted to say great job so far with the weight loss.
Also I watched your tri video and it is very inspirational, keep up the great work.
Best of luck training with your daughter, that is a great thing to do together.
People who have never been there just don't get it.
Keep at it and great job. You will reach your goals and then some, just hang in there!
I found that the more weight I lost and fitness I gained, the bigger and better my goals got.
Good Luck to you on your journey!
BOOM! You tell that (insert cuss word here)!
Maybe the sound of her head coming out of her butt will provide the sonic boom necessary to break apart your stone!
:D
After a weekend of hearing references about how lean people are better than non-lean people...know that you are not alone.
We must live our dreams in the bodies we have. We don't have to prove ANYTHING to anyone--and certainly not to people who don't hear the music.
I feel your pain, literally about stones, i had 2 of em. Anyone tells you that you dont know what its like to give birth, tell em you passed a kidney stone.
Post a Comment