Thursday, June 21, 2007

Stupid

I do not like cell phones. I have one in case of emergencies and limited talking, I do not talk on them for long. I don't talk on it when I'm merging onto the highway, going through busy intersections, etc. I don't slouch over and drive 20 mph under the speed limit as some do because they are so wrapped up in their conversation. I like the bumper sticker that says "Hang up and drive!"

So what did I see on the way home from work? A guy riding a bike and talking on a cell phone! This is the second time I have seen this, but this one was great! The guy rides across the intersection holding his cell phone up to his ear yacking away and misses the little "on-ramp" and runs smack dab into the curb and goes down hard! I was just amazed. Then he jumps up and damn if he doesn't have the phone in his hand and he's talking on it again! AND, he didn't have on a helmet! As Forest Gump would say, "Stupid is as stupid does".

12 comments:

Wes said...

Karma!

Brigitte said...

I would like to have a gadget to zap all the cell phone users on the road. I doubt that this guy will stop tough...

Wrenched Photography said...

May i steer you to yesterdays post about how to not void your warrenty :)

bigmike600 said...

There are 2 types of people that bike...those that bike because they have to and those that bike because they want to. Sounds like this guys one of the people who bike because they have to. Hope he only hurts himself and not someone else. Have you gotten any more calf cramps since the race? Hope you got them figured out. What's up next for you?

Tea said...

My only comment is "no comment"

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

Yikes. A CW version of "Back and Black? PAINFULLLLL!
Re: the cell phone bike guy. I guess where I'm from they'd say that guy had a whole head full of simple!

Dan Seifring aka "OBRATS" said...

I only wish there was video of that.

LBTEPA said...

gee I hope that bloke hasn't managed to breed yet.
Way to go Kelly!

Unknown said...

Ouch! But that would have been somewhat funny to observe...

Mary Sunshine said...

I must say I prefer, "Shook Me All Night Long..." ;-)

I hope you checked to see if phone boy was ok!

Lavender said...

LOL amazing! Thanks for the laugh, and for stopping by the birds & the beads Cheers!

FunFitandHappy said...

That's hysterical