I was also thinking about Krissy who lost her pooch :-( . You have to go check out the video on her blog and drop her some love! I thought about Megan and Brigitte who are so nice, and about the upcoming Iroman races in Louisville and Wisconsin, and all the bloggers who will be fulfilling their dreams (too many to list, but I have to mention Mary, GeekGirl, Jay, and Jayme are my heart's favorites! I get the honor of being sherpa for Mary, and will get to watch GeekGirl and Sweetness and IronPol in Louisville too! What a weekend that is going to be!
I was also thinking about my goal of inspiring others is actually happening. My daughter Kelly did her first triathlon, a neighbor did her first tri, and a whole family we know is doing their first tri this weekend. Very fulfilling!
Then I was thinking about my ass (I know, sounds weird but read on). Yes, vanity is a motivator. When I was 25 I used to run, ride my bike to work, then move furniture up and down stairs all day, then maybe go run 36 flights of stairs in the Amoco building. I was a head turner, women would stop and look at my nice small, firm butt and muscular legs. It was quite flattering. I WANT THAT LEVEL OF FITNESS BACK! (only much older and a lot grayer :-) Yes, I want to turn heads again! Shallow? Not sure. Rewarding? Yes!) I am motivated!
23 comments:
Yes, Duane, you are accomplishing your goal of inspiring others. I look forward to telling my team mates about your journey - I know that it will inspire them.
Your confidence and determination are what I think I find so inspiring. Keep up the good work!
Todays entry was kind of like a "shoutout". It is amazing how the mind works for others during workouts. My mind during workouts sometimes goes blank.
You are doing an awesome job. Time to get the butt in gear this winter and step it up a notch.
Ride On My Friend!!!
You will get there. Let there be no doubt. I'm patiently waiting for you to announce which Ironman you are going to do. I plan to be there :-)
There's something to be said for brightening the world by giving other folks eye-candy.
you are getting closer every day! and yes, you are a major inspiration to so many. thank you for that...
Motivation is a wonderful thing. Very powerful what you can do when motivated.
NOT Shallow!! Not one bit!
Maybe I'm biased... I must admit I'm looking forward to turning heads again after I get my weight back where it should be... but I think feeling that great is just another motivator.
Aw, shucks (blush)
You're the greatest, Duane!
(Hugs)
You're the best! Step by step you are getting there. Just imagine where you will be in one year. Crazy huh? I might not even recognize you at CDA.
would that be Ironman Coeur d'Alene? just next door for me!
Va-va-va-VOOM!
I'm on board with Siren on this "shallow" thing. I think you are doing great and whatever carrots you dangle out in front of yourself is not for anyone to judge but YOU.
Here's what I want to know: How in the world did that big ol' heart of yours fit in that tiny little body?
Hey- wanting to improve yourself inside and out is not shallow. Wanting to look good and feel good? Not shallow either. You are blazing a path for yourself and for others, so whatever keeps you on that horse, so be it. Rock on!
Shallow schmallow, whatever works - and really it is your DUTY to share hotness with the world :)
You are very inspiring Duane - postive and honest and brave enough to dream big in public - you certainly inspire ME
((HUGS))
Motivate thy self by any means possible. I do.
You have figure out the first lesson of anything worthwhile....you have to want it and it shows that you do D. Have a great time in Louisville and give Sweetness and GeekGrl a huge high five for me.
Yea winter riding! I get big miles in during the winter. You can do it!
Thinking about your ass while biking.... I do that too, either how much smaller I would like it or how much I need more chamois in my shorts.
Here's to tiny butts in the near future!
Winter miles are tough, boring, but SO worth it! When everyone else is rusty, you are grade A prime beef baby! Keep it up, you'll be eye candy soon my friend!
thank you Duane, you are such an inspiration. Keep on biking. Can't wait to see that new butt. :)
I don't know that I will be able to do an Ironman but there is no doubt then when not if you do yours - will cheer you on. I am looking forward to meeting you and everyone in Louisville. To our list of bloggers I am adding Vickie from Grand Rapids, Iron Snoopy and the Iron Chicks from Chicago.
Just wanted to say your blog totally inspires me. I have lost some weight and started doing triathlons too. Have been last in both of them, but can only go up from there!
you know what?
Now that you know exactly what you want, you can go get it.
Dontcha love goals?
GO DUANE!!
Post a Comment