Thursday, July 31, 2008

Oh Darn!

Well those aren't exactly the words that came out of my mouth this morning. I was going out the front door, caught my toe, tripped, stumbled down two steps, twisted my ankle (yes, the same one on the screwed up leg), tweaked my left hip, and pulled the !@&# out of my left shoulder hanging on so I would not go all the way down. Tweaked the left hamstring a bit also.

Glenwood is only 5 weeks away and it is pretty clear I am not going to be able to do all three parts. I am going to see if I can get a relay team if it's not sold out. I should be able to swim and focus on that. My 600 warm up is almost the length of the swim (902 yds) and my workouts average 2700, so I should be even better than last year. Maybe I can find a fast runner and biker! Any takers?

I don know if I will mend enough for SOMA in late October, I think I will, I plan on it! Before I got hurt I was way ahead of where I was last year so I hope I will gain back what I lose over the next few weeks. However, even though I have a touch of OCPD, I do realize I need to take a long term view, as my quest is for health and becoming an Ironman, then continuing on for years in this sport.

BUT! I really do miss my cardio endorphin rush and I have not had any in two weeks! Argh!

Anyway, I hope to catch up on blogging this weekend, catch up with you, fix my blogger list, and spend time with my girls!

13 comments:

LBTEPA said...

Oh no!
Thank goodness you are not too badly hurt. Good luck finding a relay team - that would be such fun! get well soon Duane

Anonymous said...

Feel better fast, Duane.

Kevin said...

DOH!

Hope it isnt too bad. Get better soon

Carrie said...

I can relay.

Kim Herring said...

I could do the bike if I lived closer.

Brent Buckner said...

Healing wishes!

Mike said...

Rest up and come back stronger!

rebecca hallin said...

get healed up! I am excited to do Glenwood! TIME TO ROCK THE SPRINGS!

KrissyGo! said...

Oh man! I'll be sending you healing mojo!

Melissa said...

Duane, I will pray for you for a quick recovery, but not too quickly. We want you healed for real.

I had a blogger meet up with Nytro and Benny today (I'm in Utah) and we were talking blogs and about our blog peeps and your name came up. They told me your doing an Ironman next year? Which one? That's awesome.

Keep up the most excellent work on your journey to health.

Take care,
Melissa

Mary Sunshine said...

Hi Duane,

Sorry to hear about the fall. UGH. Such bad timing but sometimes NOT being able to train/race the way you want to makes you thankful for the times that you are.

Sending prayers and hugs.

Mary

Iron Eric said...

DUANE...that is something I do. Really stupid human tricks. I hope for a speedy recovery. I seem to be more and more clumsy as time goes by.

Podium quest said...

Oh dang man. I'm so sorry to hear that! Hope you heal fast.