Saturday, April 10, 2010

In the Zone

I have lost 18 pounds in the last 3 1/2 weeks! Staying around 2,000-2,200 cals a day. Now the experts would say "you're starving yourself!" (based on my size and RMR and workouts). But last year I could not drop the weight even with gargantuan weeks. Now I am down to 4-6 hours working out and 18 pounds off! I have plenty of energy, feel great, will maybe edge the calories up as my hours edge up. But, as my weight loss coach Calyx has taught me, I am going to listen to my body and let it tell me what I need!

Have a great weekend! (The view from my morning hike:

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You live in such a beautiful part of the world. How could anyone see that and not want to just get out and feel the air on their skin. :)

That's so exciting about the weightloss - very good control for you. That's not a lot of food but maybe it's giving your body an ass kick.

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Keep it in the Zone!

Julie said...

Way to go on the weight loss and training!

Another beautiful day coming up here in Denver today, can't wait to get out on my bike!

Big Clyde said...

Great news, Duane! That is amazing. Keep it up!

Christi said...

Congratulations! That is an awesome weight loss! Keep up the good work!

Brigitte said...

Keep up the good work super D. It is fantastic that you have finally found what works for you. I continue to send you energy to succeed in this journey.
Kisses and hugs.

Jumper 2.0 said...

Way to go on the training and the weight loss!

Congratulations!

Wes said...

Good work Duane! Nothing worth having is easy! Keep rock-in it!!

Podium quest said...

congrats on your progress. that's some big #'s!