Today's weight - 374. Three pounds from hitting the 100 pound lost mark. What a long slow journey it has been. But I think we (me, Julia and Calyx) have my nutrition figured out. I am an outlier, statistically speaking. 2 sports nutritionists and a dietitian all made me eat more and I gained weight. The "numbers" do not work for me (RMR, weight I should be, amount of exercise, etc = calories to lose weight) show I should eat way more than I currently am. But I think I am just very efficient at three things: storing fat, burning less calories than what they think when I exercise, and absorption of calories taken in. Since sometime around late April or early May, I have dropped 50 pounds.
Goals? Under 371 by next Thursday and under 300 by January 1st - have a lot of hills coming up in my near future!
Ironman, here I come!
12 comments:
Glad you got it figured out. I know it was frustrating!
Good luck! It looks like you are in great hands so I am sure you will meet your goals!
I would like to see you post your weight every 2 weeks for the world to see..
That always seems to work for me when I want to (and decide not to) reach for a Twinkie..
Weight loss is a tough, tough never ending battle.
Keep pressing Duane - you are doing great.
A long road, yes, but look how far you've already come! Go get it, Duane!
fantastic, duane, honestly. can't wait to watch you cross the finish line come june! big hugs!!
Fabulous execution!
be proud Duane!! That's sensational
Wow amazing job! Keep up the fantastic work...looking forward to your post waying that you've hit the 100lb mark!
One size doesn't fit all when it comes to nutrition. Glad to hear you got it figured out! I'm cheering for you. :)
Great job on the weight loss! :)
I like the blog makeover - very nice.
I think the thing that is often left out of "the formula" is what type of food is your body the most efficient at processing and storing. For me it is grain based carbs - hands down. I simply cannot eat bread, rice, potatoes and pasta and lose weight no matter what. Very annoying but that's what I have to live with. Glad you are working out your plan. Such a relief, isn't it?
Post a Comment