Saturday, swim was slow then met Carla for the ride. It was supposed to be 50 degrees, it was 36. We rode about 17.5 and were frozen. We jumped on the light rail back to Littleton, Carla grabbed her trainer and a couple Ironman DVDs and came over and we finished up the ride. It was warmer but I have not had a furnace since Friday morning.
As I write this it is 44 degrees in my house. I am going to work today even though I have the day off because it is cold in here!
Yesterday,13.1 miles on the treadmill and it was hard. Ran about 1/3 of it, walked te rest. I just wanted to finish. It was a mental victory as I wanted to bag it so many times! Last night I was pretty sore but today am feeling good. I don't work out again till Thursday!
Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving, stay safe!
8 comments:
Congratulations on your 1/2 Ironman training! I am so sorry that the weather did not cooperate but you persevered and that is all that matters!
Perfect
That's the way to do it. Mental preparation is important and success is also...
Congratulations
omg if you can do 13.1 on the treadmill you can do anything1 well done Duane!
Great Duane! Go as slow as you want to, but NEVER bag it. Have a great Thanksgiving!
Big thumbs up!
Stay safe out there!
220TriLog
Any triathletes best friend
Available on the AppStore
It's hard training in the winter, especially in Colorado! I'm impressed with your fortitude!
Hi Duane. It's Dec 18th... gonna update soon?
Post a Comment