From May, when I started with Julia as my coach, I logged about 340 hours through December 31st. This year is off to a great start with
65+ hours already. Tomorrow I have a 10 mile run/walk. Last week I swam 10,700 yds.
My weight is coming off slowly, not as fast as I'd like, but I will be under 300 soon, and I believe I will be about 250 for the race. Would like to be 230-240, we will see.
Todays workout was a one hour bike: main set gearing down every 3 min keeping cadence the same for 30 min. My thighs were toast, then sped over to the gym for a half hour on the treadmill which included 25 minutes at 6% with 4 short runs thrown in. Designed by the Mistress of Pain (Julia!) Glad that's over!
On another note, my gym's pool will not open back up till the 22nd (they are hoping). So like last week, it's back to the other gym with less lanes, which means getting up earlier than usual, ugh.
Attached is a pic of me at IM AZ in 2008 and October 2009 (and how I looked until last May, 2010). Then two pics that are recent, progress made one day st a time!
12 comments:
It is good! (You have made ME slightly panic, too, with the words "four months out from Coeur d'Alene"!)
so awesome, duane. i cannot wait to watch you do your thing at cda! xoxo!
You are looking great Duane! I am so happy for all your progress. Keep up the good work and have a a great time in IM Coeur d'Alene!
You are looking great! But more importantly it sounds like you are feeling good too. I might come out and spectate at CdA, since it isn't too far away!
little by little Duane - you're getting there!
Wow, not sure I would recognize you if I ran into you at Cornman again! Looking GREAT!!!!
You should do a pose with your bike again like in the blog header. i'm sure there would be a vast difference. You look like a different person! :) Keep up the great work!
Wow! Keep it up Duane..... Those pictures are pretty inspirational! Sounds like your preparation is going really well!
keep up the good work Duane. That is awesome. I've always felt like there is something special about somebody that uses their mind to conquer matter...
Wow What amazing progress! You can sure see it in your face!
Hey Duane - it's been a while since I've checked your blog - you look amazing!!
Dang dude! you are looking good!!
Post a Comment