Sunday, March 06, 2011

Didn't Make the Cut

And that's fine, it really would have been about the cash! Maybe I can find a girlfriend who is wealthy!

Julia and I are refocusing on weight loss,Elephant Rock in June,and Boulder 70.3 in August. I drove the Elephant Rock course this morning and it looks like I will be riding lots of hills for the next three months, cuz . . Holy Crap!

2009 and this past year, I signed up for IM AZ and IM CDA as motivation to train and worked very diligently training for them. Both times I have stalled on my weight loss when switching over to the longer slower distance training. So for the next few months we are keeping my base I have built up and the intense weight loss focus will reemerge. I am not going to sign up for another IM till my weight goal is in sight.

Have a great week!

8 comments:

Jenny said...

Duane, what makes you so inspiring is not just your progress and success, but your perseverance through setbacks. 99% of us would have quit long ago. But I know you will accomplish your goal - I am certain you can do it! I've rejoined Weight Watchers with a whole new commitment and every time I waver I think of you.

Big Clyde said...

I agree with Jenny. Your perserverance and grit are very inspiring.

Big Clyde said...

I agree with Jenny. Your perserverance and grit are very inspiring.

Doreen said...

What a great decision! And I'm glad I found your blog. I;ve never read it yet!
gonna add it to my blogroll!!!!!!!

Julie said...

Tea told me that you and her both signed up for Boulder. How exciting! I'm doing the series and as I told her even though I've not met either of you I would love to get together and do some training. It's always great to have someone to ride with!

Christi said...

Elephant Rock is a hilly course but you will have fun!

The Original MAJ said...

Hey D!

Long time no visit.

Sorry you didn't make the cut, but I'm a firm believer that doors closing only means others will open.

PS - I heard a rumor you'll be at Disney!

T said...

yay 70.3 boulder! the fiance/blog partner and i are doing that as our first ever half im this year (as part of the whole boulder tri series).

also thinking about doing e-rock ... been thinking about it for a couple years though, mind you.

and the weight loss/longer distance training thing is interesting. cool to know!