I made a decision yesterday to pull out of Ironman CDA. My weight is not even close to where I need it to be. I am way to slow. Too much stress on the joints. I will be signing up for a Half Ironman on Friday.
I was totally bummed out and depressed after dropping out of Arizona, but I am good with this. I want to be slim and trim for Ironman, not just barely making it due to my weight. I need a gravity break!
So, my coach and I have talked, we are adjusting back to upping intensity of exercise, focus on keeping my level of fitness that I have, and head towards the Half!
Stay tuned!
8 comments:
As hard as it was to do, It's the right decision. By the time you are ready, it won't be a matter of finishing. It'll be a matter of how FAST you'll finish it. Just remember, wave hello as you pass me at Boulder.
good choice. And if I might add a suggestion... sign up for IMFL 12. I think your success percentages will be much higher (plus it is a great place to vacation for the week)
Very good!
Decisions like that are really hard so congrats to you for making a good decision for you. Keep up the awesome work!
Hey, you're living a healthy lifestyle (as confirmed by the trajectory of many objective measurements) and you're enjoying it. That will get you where you want to be in reasonable time. Best wishes for a great season!
You gotta do what you gotta do. You'll make it!
YOu gotta do what you feel good about! What half IM are you doing Duane? You might consider IMFL in 2012. H & I are going there this November because H wants to sign up for 2012..:)
Sorry Duane! You keep at it and drop the weight - there is always next year! Would even like to see you at an IMFL or AZ - and - best of luck with your tryouts!!!! We need to podcast with you - do you use skype at all?
Post a Comment