Since I laid coach Julia off due to my finances, I have had no one to be accountable to. Today I went out with Doreen on her four hour run (she is training for IM Florida). I was her water/sag wagon on my bike. It was one of those Colorado days with fall in the air, leaves turning, and the sky was a deep clear blue. Just incredible.
As I rode along with Doreen, she called me on my shit. So, accountability partner found! This blog post is assignment 1, prepping my meals by Sunday is assignment 2, And she got me to commit to no TV unless I spend an hour on the trainer for the first hour (I have slipped back into TV mode). (And the 30 day reward). I got as much out of today as she did :-)
Even though I rode slow and did a lot of balancing and standing and did not knock out many miles, I am going to be sore tomorrow!
Tomorrow is day 2 of 30 (and 60), I think I will swim or weight train. Have a great one!
11 comments:
Good for you! I'm starting off October by making some commitments to myself as well. Planning on blogging every day for this month is one of them. I'm also cooking some great things out of a new cookbook "Paleo Comfort Foods." Trying to get my family on board. Even going to try making my own coconut milk today!
Have a great October!
You go Duane! It's not starting off, it's continuing the journey
Accountability is a good thing. And 4 hours on a bike is a long time. I'd be sore no matter how fast or slow I was going!
Come on Duane you can do this...I want to see you at the finish line in Boulder next year!
Great job Duane! Let's knock this thing out together!
Good for Doreen! now go kick some ass, Duane!
Hey - I will call you on your shit too. :) Great job! I will keep checking on you if you will keep checking on me.
October is officially Ass-In-Gear month for me too. Way too much junk food and not enough exercise in September!
Hi Duane,
all the best for your plans and I guess it's the same in the States as it is here in Europe, they show mainly Crap on TV so best forget where the Remote is and enjoy the Training and Races
Always good to have an accountability partner!
You did a 4 hour bike ride! Was there a time in your life when that was impossible?
Post a Comment