Saturday, October 13, 2012

One Week In

One week into Paleo, got to say, the first 5 days I really craved bread and sweets! I have also been weaning myself off coffee, tomorrow is the last cup, a very weak one. Hope the headaches don't come. I am hoping that will help with stress/cortisol/adrenals etc.

I am in the midst of "cooking Saturday". Have my breakfast (turkey and small amount of yams)  for two weeks in the freezer, lunches almost done (chicken and broccoli). Tonight I will make my dinners, quiche: egg  whites/broccoli/zucchini/roasted diced tomatoes. Last week I made this and froze portions. It was okay, but I was reheating it in micro wave which made the eggs a bit rubbery, so I switched it to dinner where I can heat it up in the oven, huge difference! 

Today a 20 minute ride on the bike and some wall ball squats. I have lost so much fitness, I do hope it will come back relatively fast. Ironman Championship on the PC as I prep and cook. Monday it is back to getting to bed at 8:30 and getting up at 3:30 to hit the gym before work. I am going to push the weights heavier and increase the intensity of the cardio and lessen the duration. I am going to swim at least once a week, because, well, I miss it!

Tomorrow, I am going to set some goals for races for 2013. Yahoo! 


6 comments:

Christi said...

Wow, you are getting organized! Good for you!! I know that I do a lot better when I get my food done for the week.

I can't believe you get up at 330a to go to the gym. That is freakin' awesome!

Brent Buckner said...

Systems!

LBTEPA said...

How excitng, keep us posted Duane!

it's all about pace said...

you are off to a flying start!

Unknown said...

So proud of you! Way to go! Great way to be flexible with your meals. Don't be afraid of the egg yolks. I really love the "cook-up" concept on the weekend - makes taking what you need to go for the week a lot easier.

Keep up the great work!

Aloha,
Dianna

Doreen said...

Go Duanne!!!
Glad youre back at it!!!!