Saturday, June 17, 2006
The Blues
Didn't lose any weight last week even though my diet was perfect and I busted my buns working out. Then I hurt my arch, I think I waited to long to change shoes. I'm off the treadmill this week and probably next week. Had it x-rayed, nothing broken, but very sore. So, it's swimming and biking. I had my 5th swim lesson this morning - my coach is tough, really makes me work. Showed me I could shave off 5 seconds on my laps with just one correction in my technique. Last Sunday I did 20 laps in a row, my personal best so far. I need to be able to do the equivalent of 33 laps for the tri with a cutoff time of 25 minutes. That means I need to be between 40 and 45 seconds per 25 meters, which is slow for most swimmers, but this Clydesdale has a lot of drag in the water!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow, with the stress being placed on your legs, feet, hips and so on at your weight (no offense intended) I can see why you'd suddenly be hit with overuse style injuries.
If you aren't, consider taking some joint protecting supplements, such as glucosamine chondroitin, as well as healthy anti-inflammatories like omega-3 fatty acids.
Also, if you haven't, keep your carb intake low (especially in the evenings) and try to make sure it arrives in the form of fruits and vegetables, not breads, cereals or crap like double cheeseburgers.
Do not let yourself get hungry and start making bad food choices if you can help it. Don't be afraid to eat some carbohydrates in the morning and after a strenous workout though.
LOL, sorry to be such a busy body, but while my transformation was not as large, it was nevertheless a significant one.
YAY! Found you via Tri-Geek. I just raced in my first tri last Sat. A healthy lifestyle is what I'm after too. Good for you - I'll be back!
Post a Comment