Just read an article in a Tri magazine about a lady who recounted her spending on Tri goodies. Just one more item, just one more swim lesson, etc. I can relate. I have signed on with a Tri coach, am going in for a bike fit on Sunday (I think that means I'm getting a road or tri bike soon), and I am going in the 20th for an underwater video analysis of my swim and a lesson combined. Oops, I think I'm addicted :-)
26 comments:
LOL. It's money well spent, and there are practical limits! Are you gonna do any sprints between now and the Half? You are gonna be awesome.
It's like a drug! Love those endorphins...
I love all my goodies as well. There all worth it, even if you find you dont use it in a race but totally helps you in training.
Investments in our lives..
Rockon` Bro...
Duane believe it or not but your efforts are not only helping you but also others watching the tri. There are amazing people in this sports and I love the stories of what people must overcome to get to that finish line. GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!! I saw you are looking to drop some weight. Check this fellow athlete out:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/54973866@N00/257523385/
That is cool! I'll be watching for him~
Just swung by from raceAthlete. Keep up the great work. I'm sure you can already see the difference between day one and your race day. Every day you keep training will lead to more weight loss and improvements. It's amazing how much better we get just losing the weight.
And triathlon is the best way to do it. I lost 20 pounds in 3 years of marathons and another 30 in 6 months of triathlon training.
You will have a tremendous series of photos to show, and you are setting a great example for those kids you value. They will learn that choices affect our lives, and we have control over those choices.
I'll be adding you to my "follow them" blog list and dropping by for updates. Keep up the training and we'll be looking for a slim, speedy Duane in the coming months and years.
Yeah, tri goodies are my current drug of choice :)
I just found you via raceAthlete.com. Congrats on your first tri and the weight loss and everything. I'm considering a 1/2 Ironman next year too. It will be interesting to read about your journey as I struggle along :)
Duane, I caught your video on raceAthlete.com and I'm stoked by your enthusiasm towards a healthy lifestyle via triathlon.
I guess there could be other ways to spend that money but would they help you loose weight and feel good about yourself?
Looking forward to following your journey to your half ironman.
You are off the a great start.
Just found your blog through the race athlete group... wow that video of your race had me near tears. I've gotta be careful what I watch at work. Congrats!
Read your story on raceathlete. Glad you're part of the team. You are going to be one of my regular reads. Keep it up. You are such an inspiration!
alright, duane. you have official inspired me. that's hard to do, you know.
congrats on the sprint!
Duane your video is stupendous. Congrats again. You A-R-E T-H-E M-A-N!!
Great work all around.. I look forward to keeping in touch with your work. Keep it up.
Cheers.
Rice.
Duane, you have legions of new fans these days. And deservedly so.
This is an addiction you can be so very proud of. Carry on!!!!
Hi again. I just took a bit of time to get caught up on your blog from the start. The thing I love the most is all the little times that you fell behind. Maybe a week that you didn’t drop any weight or even put some on, or when the diet seemed to go a little south on yeah you didn’t give up you regrouped and kept going. Three steps forward and two steps back but you will get to the finish line.
Great work
Rice (aka: a new fan!)
I just read your story and wanted to tell you it was totally inspirational! All of your hard work is really paying off and I wish you the best of luck on your journey with weight loss and training. I'll be checking back and looking forward to reading your Ironman report some day.
addiction is an understatement..
Hey Duane-! just watched your video!
You have me crying at 8:00 a.m. at work-how am I going to explain this to my co-workers?? :-)
What a journey you have been on!
You will forever remember crossing that first finish line....what a great memory for you!
Best of luck to you on your contining quests towards Iron!
Cheryl (Fe-lady)
Hey, Duane - good luck to you at Soma. I only had a goal of 50 pounds, but you inspire me. If you see a chick there with a black "New Mexico Outlaws" skinsuit be sure to say HI to Misty.
You know you're serious when the spending starts. :) I see it as a commitment to the fullness of life that Christ intends us to have.
God Speed!
what a truly inspiring story. i will be back for more updates. keep it up!
Duane,
Saw your video...way to go...I'm really proud of you. My story is similar...all the way from the couch to Ironman. Check out my site at www.powerofgoals.com and email me. I'll send you a copy of my new book with the chapter "Enter The Ironman" ... I think you'll like it.
It sucks you in, doesn't it? I swear, I never shop for anything that's not tri related anymore! You are such an inspiration and I am looking forward to keeping up with your progress. Hopefully I will see you at the Longhorn Tri in the spring! You are a true inspiration to me today!
Hi Duane - Just found your blog and I have to say that it's a great read! Well done on your first tri - looking forward to reading more of your adventures. Congrats!
Hi Duane
because of you, Iron Wil, Nancy, Angel, Bolder, Kahuna, Benny, Nytro, Mipper and other tri-bloggers, my 15 y.o nephew and I are doing a sprint triathlon in December (in Australia it's summer). He's never done one before and my last one was 10 years ago.
Then I'm doing an Olympic distance in March. I couldn't be more excited about it all. Thanks mate!
Duane,
Keep up all the hard work, especially when -- like Rice pointed out -- progress doesn't play out in the numbers. If only we had a scale for building personal character! Your tenacity and willingness to put yourself out there is a huge lesson to me, and likely others. Can't wait to see your progress over the coming year.
Keep truckin!
Able
Post a Comment