
Well, Jess and I were on the 10:00 news tonight on ABC. Jess had the TV station come to the gym and interview us. They have advertised it pretty heavily yesterday and today with radio and TV spots (sweeps week). I do hope it will motivate someone who needs some inspiration to get in shape. The newscaster, Mike Landess, was a really nice guy. They really did a pretty good job on the story.
The video is here: http://www.thedenverchannel.com/video/10326314/index.html
The article is here - http://www.thedenverchannel.com/health/10312967/detail.html
I do hope to meet some people through this and hopefully there will be a few clydedales and athenas in the making! Hopefully Jess will pick up a client or two, he is a great trainer! Please see Jess at www.shapeplus.com And STAC fitness center is a great place to work out (as is 24 Hour Fitness where I swim) (yes, shameless plugs) :-)
Tommorrow is 30 minutes of swim drills in the a.m., then 20 minutes of treadmill and one hour of legs and shoulders with Jess in the p.m. Ten months ago I would have laughed if someone had said that would be a typical day in my life! I could barely walk to my car at that point. I was almost an invalid, now I'm hooked on triathlon and working out! Go figure!
As Mikey might say -"Tri it!, You'll Like it"!
18 comments:
I didn't get to actually see the story last night, but I did get to read it this morning and it will inspire others!!
I did my first triathlon in August (Tri for the Cure- Denver) and it just seemed like it went by in a blur; probably due to all of the excitement. I too, started training for triathlons because I wish to live a healthier lifestyle, starting with losing weight. I've always like going to the gym and working out and I was in athletics in high school & college, but I always got bored with what I was doing and eventually stop working out.
After seeing Tri for the Cure in 2005, I joined a local women's triathlon club (Team CWW) whose primary mission is to train those who have never done a triathlon before or have little athletic experience. It has been the best experience of my life, hands down!!
I've been working out in the off season, trying to work on especially my swimming & cycling. I hope to do either 3 sprint triathlons in 2007 or a combination of triathlon(s), long cycling ride and/or 10K run.
Since about April, 2005, I have been able to keep off 40 pounds that I lost starting Jan, 2005, but I would like to lose 20 more pounds to get to my ideal weight of 140. Don't give up!! Slowly but surely it will happen for you...just keep tri'ing.
Take a peek at my story that was in the Denver Post this summer:
http://www.denverpost.com/fitness/ci_4111859
I also want people to know that "sistas" like to try, too :)
Take care!!
Michelle West
micwest@sbcglobal.net
Saying you inspire us is just such the tip of the iceberg Duane. You have no idea, and neither does the TV station.
Once you log into blogger, you should see the Team HM Express blog available in your dashboard. Use that to post just like you do on your normal blog. If you don't see it, email me and we will figure it out.
Awesome, I'm glad that you're getting recognition for your accomplishments and I'm sure that you're going to inspire others to start the journey into better health and fitness. I'm glad to have your blog for continued motivation and I look forward to reading all about your future successes. Happy training!
Congratulations on your news story and welcome to the world of triathlon. Your story is so inspirational, I hope that others who see it will realize that triathlons are for EVERYONE - not just the elite athletes.
You'll find, if you haven't already, that the trialthon lifestyle is addictive! I love the lifestyle and the people I've met and the friends I've made. I've been racing for 2 years, and am aiming for Ironman Coeur d'Alene in 2008.
Good luck with your training and racing!
Congrats on the 10:15 Difference spot. I stayed up late to watch you!
Keep going, my friend! Saw your story on the internet and was impressed. You can do this...and more!
congrats Duane!
well done. you are the true Celebrity Blogger!!
keep at it... you're doin' great.
Awesome, Duane! Celeb status...very cool. Keep up the great work.
Duane,
I set my DVR just so I could see your story (after hearing a radio commercial about it). I'm so proud of your work!!
I am a woman weighing over 200 pounds that has wanted to do a tri for about 4 years. I've read slow, fat triathlete, tri training for ordinary mortals, when big boys tri, etc. and finally, I did a mini-tri last summer in preparation for 2 tri's last summer. However, I started a new job that had me traveling across the country 75% of the time and was unable to complete the official races.
I've since left that job (it was a toxic one with no opportunity for work/life balance) and just started training again last week (I'm SOOOO going to complete an official race this summer!). I too have the ultimte dream of completing an Ironman. I was looking for some motivation when the commercial of your story came on - it was as if the universe was speaking to me! I now have bookmarked your site and will continue to follow your progress and use it as motivation.
Thanks for the links and info. Congrats on your continued sucess!!!
Duane,
Keep at it! I too started training for triathlons to lose weight. I hope you make that IM. Stay strong.
Peace,
Brian
In the Parish
Congrats on your accomplishments!
Keep on going...you are certainly an inspiration to many people....including me. I'm tri-ing to lose weight as well and have never felt better....there is nothing better than training and then finishing a race...keep up the good work!
Duane,
You're turning into a true blogger star! Keep on rolling with your training and I'm SO going to be doing a 10K "with you" on 1/15 this year!
Now, are these comments being read and filtered by your new press agent yet?? ;)
Able
Marvellous. Just marvellous.
Outstanding! I'm so happy to see you getting all this support in your journey. It makes a huge difference.
You capture the true spirit of triathlon!! I am forwarding your story to several people who say to me "I could never do that". Keep up the hard work!! Your awesome!!!
Thanks for the video link, nice story! Can we say "we knew you when" before you because a famous triathlete? Keep up the good work.
Wow! That's a great interview. You're so natural in front of the camera.
Good luck training for the half IM. You are an inspiration. Thanks for sharing your stories with us.
I haven't been to your blog for a long time but was on vacation when I saw your story on a Denver station that was piped into our room in Curacao. I couldn't believe it when the story came on and I turned to my wife and said, I've read the guys blog.
It was cool that maybe someone on vacation saw your story and is motivated by your story. Keep up the great work.
Post a Comment