Thursday, December 07, 2006

Misc

Just got back from the gym and did some swim drils for 500 yds and did 20 minutes on the stationary bike. It felt really good to get back in there. My foot and ankle is still a mess so I am going to go to the Dr to see if there is anything serious going on (I just need to find the right one!).

Met with Colleen Cooke, nutritionist for D3multisports, for a consult on my nutrition. Based on my RMR of 3560 we are taking my calories up to 3500. Started that yesterday and I thought I'd never get all that food down. Eating 3500 calories of good nutritious food is tough! Although that is more sustainable for a life-time than going way down in calories.

Based on my not walking, I am going to have to move my 10k out to February or March. That's okay as I don't want to screw up my foot on a long term basis and then have to take off a lot of time.

2 comments:

Wes said...

I assume the nutritionist knows better than us. I just can't understand eating more food than you want to. Smart attitude on that foot! Nip it in the bud!

Iron Pol said...

Well, Duane hit the nail on the head with the "nutritious" part. It's amazing the difference there is between eating 3500 good calories vs. 3500 garbage calories.

My co-worker/training partner and I joke about how expensive it can be to keep fuel in the body. I was contemplating biking to work to save money (52 miles/day) and he pointed out the cost of good food to keep up the calories for such a task.