I feel really old this week, physically that is. Inside, I still feel young and alive. Saturday and Sunday were great with the ankle and foot; it’s been very rough since then. I felt like I needed a walker today. I go to the Ortho for a follow-up on my ankle/foot on Monday. I think more PT will be ordered. Two steps forward, one step back.
Speaking of the Ortho, I have had a condition known as snapping scapula for about 15 years, from an old weight training injury. It has not been an issue until about a month ago when my shoulder started getting really tight and no longer “snaps”, which always brought relief. It’s weird, it does not hurt when I swim. I have been stretching and I have not been in the pool since Sunday. It was a very easy day as far as effort and distance (I was trying to learn how to bi-lateral breathe and the only thing I did was suck in a lot of the pool water). But my shoulder is in pain now and feels out of place, so I am going to go to the Ortho on Wednesday to have it checked out. I need to correct it now so I don’t have to dog paddle the swim or swim with one arm!
I was at the physical therapist today and there was a lady there who swims and we got to talking about her two triathlons last year, her first. She talked about what a great community triathlon has and how supportive triathletes are. Seems to be a universal thing!
Have a great weekend, train hard, and send your triathlete healing waves this way LOL
10 comments:
The body puts up quite a fight when you are trying to reverse years of ingrained routine doesn't it?
Hang in there!
Hope all the injuries heal and you are pain free soon!!
Myles has a good point. Take care of yourself and you will whip your body into shape soon enough :)
Hope you're feeling better soon. It's frustrating when our body doesn't cooperate with our plans, especially when they're working towards improving our health! Take care, and keep up with your good efforts, it will work out.
duane - That lady is right, the tri community is crazy-supportive, as I am finding out. I too feel "old" and the bilateral breathing - forget about it. I end up drinking so much water I start to sink. Hang in there with the injuries, as I know first hand the frustration, andit sounds like you are taking care of yourself greatly. Thank you for all you support these last few days!
Duane, I took on a lot of water tonight, and it didn't matter what stroke I was swimming or which way I was breathing. Sometimes, you just end up drinking the pool ...
I thought you were SUPPOSED to drink pool water to keep yourself hydrated. Stupid me! I did more than a few of my laps Wednesday breathing on both sides! Proud of me?! I definitely suck more water on my weak side :-)
I actually fount that bilateral breathing really helped my stroke. Until I began breathing to both sides, my left arm never exited and entered the water properly.
I hear you! (But you aren't even 50 yet!!!) :-)
Hope you are feeling better....thanks for stopping by my site!
Hi Duane,
Sorry to hear your week was rough, too.
I admire your pursuit of bi-lateral breathing. I can't seem to change my old one-sided ways...this would be the time of year to fix this--so keep up the great work. Let me know if you think it helps the speed.
hugs,
Mary
Post a Comment