Sunday, March 11, 2007

Today


Blue skies, warm weather, man it was nice today! Swam 1500 yds this morning (100 warm up, 300, 300, 12 X 25 yd sprints, 300, 100 doggie drill, then 100 easy), then 30 minutes on the stationary bike. My daughter Kelly and I went for a bike ride this afternoon, very nice!

Next Sunday I am going to a Triathlon 101 Clinic put on by Mile High Multisport. Topics will be Mental Preparation, Nutrition, Strength and Conditioning, Basic Bike Maintenance, and Transitions. A co-worker who has signed up for her first triathlon this summer, is also going. If you are local and need more details, drop me an e-mail.

I have decided to stay with my mountain bike for now, I may upgrade to a better one later this summer (maybe).

Hope you have a really great week and train hard!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

First off, great pic of the daughter. She's too cute!!!

Holding off on the bike decision sounds like a wise choice for now.

Regarding your last post, I think quitting bread will pay off, but it might be difficult especially in the short term. I switched to an oatbread as a personal compromise. I couldn't quite quit bread all together, but the oat bread seems more like oatmeal which works for me.

Wes said...

What a beautiful young lady! Might I be so bold as to suggest you tie the purchase of your new steed to a goal weight? Either below 300 or something in the low 300s?

LBTEPA said...

Thanks for your lat couple of posts, Duane - they've really been inspiring to me. You're a legend :)

LBTEPA said...

Oops I meant your latest couple of posts - btw I think Wes' idea is good - and your daughter is so pretty :)

Anonymous said...

The triathlon clinic sounds cool. I'm still training for my first triathlon. I just get all my information from the internet. Great picture of your daughter!

You might like the Triathlon Discussion Forum.

Anonymous said...

Good swim Duane! And a spin and a ride too. Excellent.

We'll be looking forward to your post on the Tri clinic.

TriShannon said...

Great swim and ride!

Good luck with the no bread thing. I could not do it. I try to limit the amount and stick to whole wheat.

Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

You are rocking and rolling on the posts. Lots to think about here. Your mountain bike will serve you well in the next few months. It will give you time to pick out your perfect bike!

Your daughter is too cute. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Duane
I skated over here from Megan's blog. Not sure how tall you are but I have a few year old Motobecane Road frame in my garage, that's a 62cm. I'm short, but I bought it used, and it served me well. One wheel is good, the other was taken out of true in an AWESOME crash in the Timex Oly last year. Carbon fork. email me at azironman2007@yahoo.com and we can discuss terms. And for a fellow Clyde, the price WILL be right.

Faithful Soles said...

Duane, great posts as always, great job on the swimming, and a terrific picture of your daughter. You are instilling some terrific goal setting qualities in her by your example.

I wanted to also follow up and thank you again for linking your blog to our running Blog Database. It has now grown to bloggers from 37 states in the US and 21 other countries of all ages and abilities and has become a great resource for members to find blogs that meet their specific goals and interests. Take care and continued good luck in your training.