I know this will may upset some of you ladies, and that is not my intention, I just need to vent! I love women, I really do adore and admire women. Some of my best friends are women!
But what is it with packing for vacations? Arrrrrgggghhh! Diane and the girls have been packing for 2 and 1/2 days for a 5 day trip. There is so much crap we almost have to take a second car! We have enough food to feed 5 hungry triatheletes for a freaking week! I have one smal bag of clothes and a small one for CDs, IPOD, map, etc. They have more stuff for their hair than I do total, straighteners, blow dryers, clips, bands, curling irons, on and on and on it goes. AHHHHH!
I am going insane, my heart rate is elevated, I'm very TENSE! I don't know if it will all fit in the car!
Okay, the meds will take effect soon, and all will be copacetic
11 comments:
We women need our stuff!! :)
Have a fun vacation!
HHAHAHAHAHAHAH. How funny!! Have fun.
P.s. I pack lighter than my husband. I think triathletes are simply more efficient than the average bear.
Poor Duane. Surrounded by the women who love him.
I'm a heavy packer. Here's the rationale: Always pack extra underwear. But you don't know what kind of underwear you can get away with, so you have 2 sets: the comfy set (plus two in case of emergency), and the thong set (plus two in case of emergency) in case you need to hide panty lines every day. Same goes for socks/tights/pantyhose, and bras (plus two in case of emergency). Then you need a shirt for every day. But you don't know if you're going to need nice shirts or comfy shirts. So you bring a set of each, plus two if you need to change once or twice. Then you need pants. Pants for every possible shirt that you could wear. But maybe you'll need a skirt too, and a dress just in case. Better make it 2 skirts, you never know... Then you need a jacket/sweatshirt/coat for every possible weather situation and pant/skirt-shirt combination. Then there are the shoes: a pair for days with a lot of walking, a pair for days with a lot of walking where you're wearing a dress or a skirt, a pair for a nice dinner, and a pair in case you decide to go dancing. And of course you have to look pretty, and here comes the hair and makeup stuff... Are you starting to get it now? Really, it's quite practical.
I'm a last-minute underpacker myself, but I can sympathize. I traveled with my sister once and I was amazed at how much crap she "needed". Good luck, enjoy the trip.
Give me five pairs of underwear, 2 sets of shorts, a t-shirt, and my shaving kit and I'm set!!! This is one of those times when you need to be a good listener/observer :-) Have a great vacation!!
Duane, I make lists before I pack ...
Ah yes...we're definitely easy targets when taking the time to pack, but what about when we have that extra pair of socks that were forgotten or look like a million bucks on the big vacation night out? It takes time to plan for doing things right, my dear Duane!
Have a great time on your vacation and enjoy spending time with your ladies!
Breathe...breathe...
ha! this is kind of reversed in my family. we just got back from vacation and i wore everything i took - except my swim suit (oops, didn't get to the pool!). my sweet hubby, however, took enough to stay a month. and that doesn't even include what he BOUGHT there.
Amen, brother!! Last trip my wife took 3 pairs of black shoes. She wasn't sure what pair she wanted to wear. I took my flip flops.
Post a Comment