Diane and I took Annie for a walk around a nearby lake - 1.4 miles. I am so out of shape with walking and my cardio fitness is so low it took me 1:30:00 and 3 rest stops to make it. But my ankle held up pretty good and is barely sore today. That is what almost 4 months of not being able to walk will do to a guy. My lower back was tired so I better get some core work going also. I'm into the DR this morning to investigate the hip. I can hardly wait to get back in the pool on Wednesday, my pain-free haven the last 4 months.
6 comments:
The first steps are always the hardest. You've done the hard part, and now it will hopefully only get better from here. Hopefully, injury free. Stay strong, Duane!
Good for you for starting! At least you know that improvements are around the corner and you know what it took to get there before, you can do it. Take care.
The beginning is always a good place to start ;-)
You'll snap back faster than you would in a "true" beginning so chin up and forge ahead.
Back in the saddle!
Starting over is always the hardest part. Do your best to stay injury free!
i think getting out the door for the first steps is the hardest part. best wishes for an injury free new beginning!
Post a Comment