Got my new orthotics from the Foot Mechanic on Tuesday. Feels like I'm walking on golf balls! I wear them a little more each day and already I can tell they are going to make a huge difference as my right foot is already getting better! My left foot is still sore but there is a little progress already! I am hopeful!
I also got back down below 400 to 399 today, yippee! Had my follow up CT scan done on my kidney yesterday and tomorrow I get the results and hopefully the medication will be melting the stone.
Next race is the Iron Horse Triathlon in North Platte, Nebraska on August 4th. I am going to do the super sprint which is a 200 yd pool swim, an 8 mile bike and a 2 mile walk. Will get to meet up with Jay and KT!
Kelly wants to get back in the pool and start working again, but she wants to wait until next year to race again. That is fine with me, I'm happy she wants to keep training!
My co-worker Brandy finished her first tri last Sunday and is hooked! Now I have someone in the office to talk tri with! :-) The days will go by faster!
Friday's workouts will be 1200 swim and a short 30 minute bike. Saturday is walk 15/bike 20, four times in a row, and Sunday is walk 1:20 in the morning and spin for 30 minutes in the afternoon.
My coach sent me a great article on Open Water Swimming, if you want a copy, please e-mail me at dkn747@yahoo.com
IM Lake Placid this weekend and Jeremy and Shelly re both racing. Will be fun to watch. Have a great weekend, train hard, and enjoy your friends and family!
17 comments:
Hurrah for orthotics!
That's great news :)
What Ibtepa said!
Yay~
Can't wait to see you in North Platte. Blogger meet up!
That is freakin awesome! Keep smelling the Iron, Duane :-)
Woot-woot! Yay! Great news!
And congrats on 399!
ps: can I get a copy of that article?
Good news!
Glad you're finding things that work for you.
Amaizing what good orthotics can do - enjoy and train hard...
WOW! No longer in the 4's. That's absolutely amazing! I think I would have started bawling right there on the scale.
Glad the orthotics are working. You are on your way!
Yeepee, you will see what a difference they make once you are use to them. It will feel weird to walk without them. :)
Congrats on the weight loss. Slowly and surely you will get there.
Good Luck!
I am looking for IRONMAN USA 2008!
Should be fun w/ Jay & kt @ ironhorse. & props for understanding your child.
Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I also am now below 400lb
Woo Hoo! Checking off another milestone - Yeah Duane!
(I just did a little cartwheel for you - you'll have to take my word on that one!)
Jenny
Friends and family? Where have I heard these words before??? I'm sorry to say mine barely recognize me anymore but I hope they know that I'll be back when the taper begins.
I keep listening to your song from your video...and both the song and the vision of your finish powers me on.
It's a great feeling to get below a certain weight- when I got below the 200 mark, it was thrilling. You are really doing awesome with your workouts.
Congrats on getting below 400. That is aswome! I'll be doing Harvest moon half in Sept in Co. I'd like to meet ya then!
Great job on breaking the 400 barrier! I always get a huge boost of motivation when I hit the next "9" number on my way down : )
Post a Comment