Okay, some smaller but important news first. My feet are so much better, when I walk around sometimes I don't notice pain or discomfort. I think they are at about 90% healed.
I have decide to post my weight once a week as accountability to myself for my eating. Today's weight is 397. I will post every week. If I am not consistent in my eating, I want you call me on it!
Another milestone, I actually ran up the stairs in the house! Ran! Not walk, not limp, not go up funny because one hip hurts, but ran! How can it get any better than that?
Well, it can because . . . I am going to Louisville!
I'm going to see my first IM! Yes! I head out to Louisville Friday morning. Friday night will be the IM dinner with Mary Sunshine (one of my best buds). Hopefully we will connect with GeekGirl, Sweetness and his parents at the dinner. My chiropractor is doing the race, as are 3 teammates from Mile High Multisport (coached by Pete and Kathy) and Iron Pol, Go-Mom-Go, Dying Water Buffalo, and Iron Snoopy! And the Waddler26.2 will be there volunteering! What a great time this will be!
Major photos on Tuesday if not sooner! Sorry I couldn't link the names, my PC is super slow, I still need to spin for 30 minutes and pack!
Have a great weekend!
25 comments:
Have a great time at IMLOU. I am, of course, entirely jealous...
Duane...awesome accomplishment in running up the steps. Another major milestone.
Enjoy the IM in Louisville. I can't believe it will be but a 3 hr drive from me. I wish I'd known. Next year.
You've been a huge inspiration to me.
Dixie
Southern Indiana
Lookin forward to getting together. We want to get together for that Friday night dinner!
duane, you will have a blast in louisville. i cannot tell you how exciting, how motiviating, how inspiring watching an im is. before i'd even thought that an im was possible, i went and volunteered at imaz an it was magical. be prepared... :-)
Great news about the feet!
Have the best time in Louisville.
Yes, great news on the feet - thanks for the update!
Enjoy the weekend - any such gathering of worthies is fabulous!
This is gonna be fun!
rest up, Duane Sunshine....our big swim race is coming....
Hi Duane. I followed several links until I came across your blog. What an inspiration you are!! I have 100+ to lose and have aspirations of participating in a sprint-tri. I start doing the Couch-2-5K on Monday and have signed up for a 5K in November. I'm excited and anxious at the same time and will be cheering you on from CA. Good luck, and have a fun and safe trip.
Great news for the feet. Amazing for the stairs. I will be thinking of you this week-end.
Have a great time, and post those pics!
TAKE A BUTTLOAD OF PICTURES. I MEAN A ZILLION. And awesome news about the feet. That has really got to get you pumped. I wish I was going to IMKY but I am going to meet up with the Biguns in Chicago. I will say hi for you.
CONGRATS on the 397!
You will have a blast at IM. I KNOW you'll be inspired.
Wow - you're going to have fun at Loo-ville. Say hi to everybody - enjoy!
Good for you on posting your weight- be accountable!
Duane, Glad to hear about your feet. you will have a blast at the IM. I went to spectate IM Wisconsin last year and it totally rocked!!! Have fun!
Duane,
Good to hear about the feet. I know foot pain and its nice to not have it.
Keep posting your weight. I plan to post my food each day and my weight. I also posted my goals today.
Spectate at your own risk! Watching an iroman only makes the addiction worse.:):):)
Have a great time! You will be inspired, even further, no doubt! Say HI to Misty and Baboo for me! Like the design...where is it going??? :-)
EXCELLENT news on the feet :)
I AM SO JEALOUS that you are going to Louisville!! Make sure you give Mary a big hug for me
And hugs for Geekgirl and SB too of course!
I like the swim bike and run fig's but I think the size of the art around it takes away and needs to be much smaller.
My last idea, even though a few years out is the mdot that you see on my back (not real) with the oval around it on my foot, like the "42km" one I put on the other foot..
Great work on the house steps.. thats a big gain mentally.
Cheers.
Rice
See you Saturday!
Great newa bout your feet and way to kick those steps butt!!!! You rock!!! Hey the tri tat pic I sent you was a idea for the middle. just in case Wes didnt tell ya!!! Have fun in Louisville !!!!
I like the tat,but I think you should do something where the middle is left blank, so you can put your m-dot there.
OOOH...tea's idea is goooooood.
And congrats on the feet and the stairs!
That design's definitely got potential for being some wicked ink! But I also agree with the comment re: leave a spot for the M-Dot!
Hope you're having a blast in Kentucky - I'm already getting psyched for my trip to volunteer at Madison in 10 days.
Post a Comment