You really should go read the lists and latests posts by three of my favorite bloggers!Mary's, LBTEPA's, andGeekGirl's. These three ladies inspire me so much! I get to see two of them at Louisville! Yeah baby!
So now for the contest! I have decided to get my first tattoo. It will be for the shoulder or arm (and a band is fine per Jay's suggestion) and of course will be tri related. I need artful help. The theme is to have the three disciplines surrounding perhaps a clydesdale related theme, or The Hammer of the Bike Gods, or whatever you may come up with! There will be a first, second, and third prize. The winners will receive a tri related prize that will be well worth the effort! Here is a sample draft of what I have so far, but I'm not quite happy with it and the middle is empty! You don't have to even use the characters in the photo. So let's see what you all can come up with! You can e-mail them to me at: dkn747@yahoo.com
17 comments:
Does it have to be on your shoulder. I was thinking a band on your leg or arm would be sweet.
I am open to that!
there can be only 1. That is, for me...for you...it doesn't matter what I think. I've always thought bands were sort of "tough guy-ish" - Jay can get away with...but you, I'm not so sure. You've got that big teddy bear aura about you...shucks...but, like I said, I've got no tat's, so what do I know?
The M dot for you! I will someday have one too! But in the mean time . . .
Yeah, tattoo!!
I'm on it!
I like your designs a lot - very sleek and simple. I'd just put them closer together for graphic reasons!
I think squishing those closer together with some sort of clyde symbol in the middle would be nice. i'm not very artistic, so I'm not going to try to draw anything. BTW, I think the shoulder is a fine place for said tattoo.
That is pretty sweet, thought! I am excited to see what you decided to do!!
I would someday like to get a tri inspired tattoo. I'd draw something up but I think you deserve better than stick figure and that's about the extent of my artistic abilities. I will probably get some sort of arm band. Hey maybe a permanant road ID. Now there's an idea.
Soldier them side by side and repeat in a band around your arm. Or maybe leg, I kinda like that too.
Or maybe in a tramp stamp on your lower back?? Nah, that's probably too over the top for ya. ;-)
Seriously though, I like the graphics - maybe I can steal them someday?
The band idea sounds intriguing! The tramp stamp? You're funny!
Last year i got my first tattoo to symbolize my transformation from slug to trithlete. Its a phoenix and I put it on my leg. See link:
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z249/jg_65/TattooOnSkin.jpg
I did spend some time looking at triathlon related tats also and will dig into those to see what I have. I think the one you have is a good starting point.
very cool indeed!!
Sent you a email idea for the middle !!!
Love them all. Did you do the tri. I took pictures...I think you are in some of them. Very inspiring race.
http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/store.aspx?p=49333
Would love to see what you come up with. I am in the market (is that a phrase?) for one as well but am much more into cycling (more years) than tri but am considering sealing the deal with a tri tat too...I actually really like the initial images you have, but the add on one was really cool!
Post a Comment