Sunday, October 28, 2007

Classic Rock - 35.15

I finished! I didn't make any of my time goals, but then again it was 94-95 degrees! Hot!!!!!

Didn't have my family here so the bloggers filled in! What a crew! I'm fried, tired, sore toe, but it was great!

Photos to follow in a couple days but the entourage bringing me in was made up of Commodore, Carrie, Momo and Frankie, and 21st Century mom. Got to finally meet some of my fave bloggers and more! What a blast!

Full report and photos to follow on Tuesday/Wednesday.

Thanks for a great season, Pete!

I am going to bed!

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Duane!!! I can't wait for your full report!

SWTrigal said...

Congrats Duane! And make that 97 degrees per the Internet! It was brutal for sure-you rocked..was so great to see you out there-
:)

LBTEPA said...

CONGRATULATIONS DUANE!!
Have a lovely rest, looking forward to your report :) (I hope you gave GkGRL, SB and Comm a hug for me!)
Well done mate :)

Tea said...

I've been thinking about you ALL day! Thanks for checking in, and congrats on getting it done!

Mary Sunshine said...

GREAT JOB, DUANE!!!

Was sending out prayers and positive vibes all day thinking of you!

Dan Seifring aka "OBRATS" said...

You rock Duane. Awesome job, and look forward to the race report.

Melissa said...

Duane you did it! We knew you would. I am so proud of you. I cannot wait to hear and see your report.

Keep rockin' and rollin'

I read a blog at www.athenadiaries.blogspot.com She was out there and wasn't able to finish. If you all want to give her a shout out that would be cool.

Keep up the great work!!

Melissa said...

Duane you did it! We knew you would. I am so proud of you. I cannot wait to hear and see your report.

Keep rockin' and rollin'

I read a blog at www.athenadiaries.blogspot.com She was out there and wasn't able to finish. If you all want to give her a shout out that would be cool.

Keep up the great work!!

Mile High Multisport said...

Just spoke with Duane. He is tired but sounded great. Congrats Big D.. I'm proud of you..

S. Baboo said...

Hey D, it was great to be out on the race course with you finally, very motivating! And you are right about the non-flat "flat" bike course, my Garmin has it pegged with 1368 ft of elevation gain across the half course.

Jane said...

YAY! I knew you could do it. I want details!

Tri-Dummy said...

YES! NICE! AWESOME!

Brent Buckner said...

Congratulations!

Thanks for your quick blurb update.

IronWaddler said...

Great job, Duane!!!

Iron Eric said...

Nice one Duane! You do a good job with your reports. I am going to start traveling with you to do some triathlons next year!

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

Great job, Duane! I know in that heat it wasn't easy. Way to finish and see it through!

Brigitte said...

good for you Duane. You deserve the rest.

Brigitte said...

good for you Duane. You deserve the rest.

momo said...

it was awesome to be out there with you duane. you are an inspiration to us all and i'm so very glad we got to meet and spend a little time together.

you deserve a much needed rest now. you hit this past season pretty hard!

big, big hugs!

Comm's said...

you did great. You sought motivation out there and instead you inspired hundreds with your efforts.

Kim Herring said...

Yippee!!!! Congrats on the finish! You are such an inspiration and I SO look forward to the full report and pics.

One more step towards Ironman Cda in '09.

21stCenturyMom said...

Isn't it great to be DONE!! It was so fun to be in your entourage on the course and I'm so happy you made it in. It was NOT easy.

Congratulations on a successful season and here's to more.

the Dread Pirate Rackham said...

Duane, you did it! you! not anybody else!

Now put THAT in your pipe and smoke it next year on your bike...

heh.

You did great!

Steve said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

so great to meet you duane! proud of you for sticking it out in the heat. that was BRUTAL!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Duane!! I can't wait for the full report.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SM said...

CAn't wait for the report! WAy to gO!