Sunday, January 27, 2008

Tough week

Tough week. Rick was buried Wednesday with full military honors. I still break into tears at any given moment. I will truly miss him.

Kelly is still training and she busted out a hard 45 minutes on the bike tonight. We will swim twice this next week together. She still kicks my butt racing in the pool!

Last weeks training totals:


Next weeks training:

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the training, Duane.

I always find the pool is a good place to put my emotions and clear my head.

Wes said...

Damn, Duane! You put me to shame with those training hour, bro! Keep up the good work!!!

BTW: Kelly is awesome :-)

KrissyGo! said...

A bittersweet post, but how lucky are we to have triathlon to pull us along? I'm still thinking of you, buddy.

Brent Buckner said...

Good training numbers.

ShirleyPerly said...

When I lost my dad to cancer, I found solace in my workouts (back then, they were only running). I hope the pain passes for you quickly.

LBTEPA said...

Go Kelly go!
Hang in there Duane ((hugs))

Cheryl said...

I agree -- pour your sorrow, anger, hurt, etc. into your workouts. It will be a big help. You're doing great. Keep up the good work!

Tea said...

Nice training hours. Kelly is one tough cookie.

triguyjt said...

the workouts will help ease the pain...
good luck

greyhound said...

Those are solid volume numbers, and very well-rounded. Keep that motivation and each workout can be a thanksgiving for the life you have and those like Rick who have impacted who you are.

Podium quest said...

Great #'s. I'm invious that you & your daughter are training triathlon together. What a wonderfull experience.

Dances with Corgis said...

So sorry to hear about your loss. Looks like you didn't allow it to sidetrack you from your goals, which is incredibly strong of you. I normally would be a wreck for a week or two!

Keep throwing up those #s, Duane!

Supalinds said...

wow-awesome week!!!

SWTrigal said...

hang in there duane. Training will help..

Tri-Dummy said...

keep your chin up, pimp.

Melissa said...

Keep on keepin' on. Your still in our thoughts and prayers. Great #'s. Tell Kelly she rocks.

Melissa said...

Keep on keepin' on. Your still in our thoughts and prayers. Great #'s. Tell Kelly she rocks.

Unknown said...

Sorry about the loss of your friend.

Man, you are doing some serious training. My hours are half of that MAYBE. You Rock! Me, not so much...

H said...

Way to go on the training! I'm gonna live vicariously through you for a while :D since I'm on heavy training prohibition with my pregnancy. Keep it up!

TriShannon said...

You are putting in some serious training hours! Hang in there... training always helps!

Cheryl said...

Come on back, Duane. We miss you!

Kim Herring said...

Great training plan Duane! I too am about 1/2 of that right now but my racing goals are not as lofty as yours. We may have a problem with the triathlon in Medical Lake. I heard from a friend that it is going to be the same weekend as Ironman and since I'm volunteering on Saturday that is going to cause a HUGE problem. I am not willing to give up the volunteering at IM Cda. I will let you know when I've confirmed the dates for the ML race.

Keep up the good work!