299 days until Ironman Arizona, man it is going fast (well except when Pete is kicking my butt). Total training time last week: 15:52, weight loss: 0 Still at 373. Frustrating but I am going to believe this is just a mini-plateau.
This week is a recovery week, should be somewhere between 6.5 and 7 hours. I laugh to myself when people ask me how my training is going and I say "This week is a recovery week and I only have to work out about 7 or 8 hours!" They must think I'm psycho becasue they cannot imagine even doing that much exercise much less have that be an easy week! I tell people that a simple paradigm shift is all that is necessary to start working out. It's all how you view it, there is no magic, you just look at the same object or issue but you have just walked around to the other side and see it from a different view point. The object or issue hasn't changed, its our view that changes.
Mine certainly has. I am coming up on the three year anniversary of when I decided to change my life (read save my life). I didn't just jump to the other side and change my view, I inched my way around. I love it over hear. I'm not going back. And I am going to help as many people as I can to have their paradigm shift. Have a great week and next week I WILL break into the 360s!
11 comments:
good luck..someone in Canada is rooting for you..:-))
Your positive attitude and willingness to share are incredibly motivating. Thanks for helping others of us out there inch around to a new point of view too! Good luck this week dropping off that mini-plateau! You will definitely do it.
You are so right! Since both my parents are exercisers, committing time to working out has just always seemed like what should be done in my view, but my roommate can't comprehend this at all.
Well have a happy rest week!
Rest well Duane-you are doing so well with training. I am sure the wieght will start coming off soon.
Rest well Duane-you are doing so well with training. I am sure the wieght will start coming off soon.
Don't you love those paradigm shifts!! I LOVE being "the crazy one that works out sooo much!"
And congrats on your upcoming 3 year anniversary!! That's GREAT!!
If you love it now, just wait my friend. You have no idea until you experience. Crack that wall!!
Good job on the training! The numbers will fall, don't worry. Keep up the good work.
Enjoy your 'rest' ! Thanks for all your encouragement and inspiration during my shift :^) I don't know that I have ever looked at it that way. It makes it all seem more manageable though.
I'm right there with you about loving the paradigm shift, and I love it on this side, too. I may not always stick to the plan and have gotten off track a few times, but I know I'll never again go back to the dark side.
It's great here on the healthy side - I'm glad you're here Duane!
Post a Comment