Rode with Tea, famous triathlete round the net. I got dehydrated (needed two more water bottles I think), I didn't take in enough nourishment according to the HR monitor (it says 6,000 cals burned, the online says 3500, but I only had about 1500 cals taken in, including breakfast, average HR was 150). At mile 25 my right thigh cramped and I was getting woozy, so Tea and I walked a bit, then rode some more, but at mile 26.2 I was done. I wanted to throw up, my left thigh was also now twitching and ready to cramp, so I called it quits. Thank God I had Tea with me, she rode in the rest of the way and got my truck and came back and got me.
My coach still has confidence in me, so I will continue on. No matter what my weight come race day, no matter what happens or how far I make it, I will believe and leave it all out on the course. The next two weeks are tough, then a recovery week. My meals are prepared, I am going to focus, focus, focus!
10 comments:
You can do this, just keep pushing ahead. That ride was a learning opportunity. Take what you learned from it and make the necessary changes. You can do it
Don't let the negative thoughts get to ya. You can do this!
I have more then my share of doubts too. But you know what we are signed up...we are going to train and then we are going to go out there, and we are going to give it everything we have!
I am sure you are a more confident cyclist than I, but I swear by the hydration pack, for training as well as racing - I think it's a lot easier to get in the right amount of fluid/calories.
Hydration, electrolytes, calories... all the best for dialing them in.
That's a tough course!
You still have two months! And there is no shame is not finishing if it comes to that. Making the bike cutoff would be an accomplishment itself!
just keep getting back on that bike....
at some point, you have to decide... I'm going to do this, or I'm going to die tring.
(and if you DNF, nobody will care but you)
Go for it. Practice makes perfect and if you don't practice it, well....
It took me 6 IMs with two failed attempts before I finally got it right on number 7.
Everyone's different and we all need to find what makes it work..
Give it a shot!! It's not an easy course. Keep working on the nutrition thing and make sure you're well hydrated. Can't wait to see you at the race!
Post a Comment