Saturday, June 18, 2011

Copy Paper and Boulder 70.3

So you may be asking, "What?" Well, did you know that a ream of copy paper weighs 5 pounds and that a box of copy paper weighs 40 pounds! I picked up a full box of copy paper at work and it is heavy! And my extra weight is equivalent to 3 1/2 to 4 boxes of copy paper! Dang! That is ridiculous! I AM GOING TO DUMP ONE BOX OF COPY PAPER BY BOULDER!!!!!

So last week, I blew up on the ride, today was much better! I rode by myself as my riding partner had a foot issue. Julia said it would make me tougher mentally, so, I rode. Whereas last week I had to stop 16 times before I cramped and had to quit.

Today I chose where to stop and I only stopped 5 times. I had a 15 minute run off the bike but was getting ready to throw up so I cut it to ten minutes. Loaded up the truck and started heading back and the urge hit me so fast I couldn't even get my head out the window, threw up all over me and the inside of the door. But one "Ralph" and I was feeling great. I think I was too full from water and that PB&J at mile 30.

Next week's long ride is 4 hours on the flats! Tomorrow a 3,000 yd swim, then its the couch, US Open, then dinner and a movie with my two sweethearts, Becca and Kelly. Hope you all have a great weekend!

9 comments:

Wes said...

well done, my friend. I'll take a ralph over the alternatives ANY DAY!

Tea said...

Excellent! That is a huge improvement in a very short period of time. PLUS you ran after?!!??! remember last week when you commented about those crazy people running when they got off the bike? That is now YOU, my friend. Embrace the CRAZY.

Dee Dee said...

Way to HTFU you did awesome!!!!

PH said...

YES! Experience and perseverance rule! And it's great that you are learning to much about your nutritional needs now instead of on race day.

You can do it, Duane! You can make your dreams come true.

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

I think you are beginning to figure this stuff out.... congratulations. It's great having support and advice but it TRULY is an individual journey. Way to go!

Cheers!

stacigirl said...

you are amazing and I am soooo proud of you!! You are my hero!

Julie said...

Huge improvements!!!! Awesome! Embrace the hills and they will love you on race day! :)

I want to get up there soon and try the Boulder Peak course. Maybe we can all meet up there and even if we don't ride together we could meet up after and swim or run or just catch some rays and chat.

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

Man, those are some hills! Good job!

Alili said...

Great job!