Monday, October 23, 2006

Back and Back to Work

Back is killing me! Spasm city! I did get to swim this morning, seems like the only thing that does not cause pain. Just got back from the Dr and he was me on the muscle relaxer Flexiril and a strong anti-inflammatory. No weight training tonight for sure, probably will miss the rest of the week. At least I should be able to get in two more swims, but I suppose the treadmill and bike are out too. Bummer! My wife said to stay home from work but I just have to at least go in and clear out the e-mail and see what fires need to be put out after being on vacation for almost two weeks. I'm hoping the e-mails are under200 but I fear it will be higher. So, it's off to work to spend your taxpaying money wisely (I work for the Feds).

7 comments:

Wes said...

Don't you just love comming back and finding your inbox so full of crap, you just can't stand it! LOL. Get better soon!!

Iron Pol said...

Not to fear. I have better than 400 messages in my Inbox, and I haven't been gone for months. It's just a revolving door. My main goal is to keep the box under the magic number that results in it being shut down.

Rice said...

The last thing you want to do for a sore back is rest.. Keep moving as best you can. I'm sure you know that already.. The one thing that go my back into shape one time was playing a light game of catch in the back yard. Its sure is a funny thing..

Cheers

Rice.

Bridgette said...

Cold for pain, heat for tightness...

My husband has back issues & the doctor told him that wherever/whenever the muscles hurt ice those babies up! :)

I hate email.

Anonymous said...

Duane, I am a big fan of physiotherapists.

It may be worth your while to consider finding a physio. You'll probably get a more precise diagnosis of where your problem area is, gentle exercises to get it moving again and to strengthen both core muscles and muscles that may have let you down in this instance.

jbmmommy said...

Hope you're feeling better soon. Enjoy those swims, maybe they'll stretch out whatever's ailing.

Susan said...

Wow, just went through the same thing. I missed a week of work, except for going in on Wednesday, big mistake. I'm going to start in on Pilates to make sure I have strong core to keep it from happening again. I've also read that a strong core is paramount for cycling. We think it's all the quads but climing using the whole body.