Tuesday, when we were loading up our gear in the mountains after elk hunting, I slipped on some snow and twisted hard to avoid going down. It was one of those pains where it feels like you get shocked, like when you think you are at the bottom of the stairs and there's one more to go and then you hit the bottom -wham! The pain was over quickly but by Thursday morning I couldn't walk with out a lot of pain. I've been using a heating pad, those little pads you put on your back, stretching a little, resting, and walking about gingerly. I sure hope I will be able to workout on Monday.
Friday morning I had a swim lesson and video analysis scheduled with Mike Ricci of D3 Multisport so I loaded up on ibuprofen and went for the session. There were only a couple of seconds where it was painful. It felt really good to be back in a pool!
It was pretty cool to see myself on video and Mike gave me some drills to correct some things that I really need to work on. One of the drills I believe is going to help me establish breathing bilaterally. The session was well worth the money and I will be going back for another after 3 months of practicing.
Tonight I will meet up with Jess (my trainer) in Boulder for the raceAthlete meeting. Should be fun to meet more triathletes and put some faces with the names.
3 comments:
Duane, I hope you had a wonderful time.
I have a chronic back problem, and I find that getting into the pool helps (but I did consult my medical professionals!). I mind what I do, but in general, it is a very good thing.
Glad you didn't do yourself anything serious! Keep working hard. That's pretty cool that you get to meet all those great people!
That's what you get for trying to hunt down an innocent elk - BAD KARMA. Hope you have back problems forever!
Post a Comment