Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Snow and other stuff

Well, I drive Becca to school for the first day of finals and there's only a couple cars at the school. It's snowing but only about an inch on the ground and JeffCo never, ever shuts the schools down for snow, not even 8-10 inches. But they did today! It's supposed to be a whopper of a storm. I talked with a friend who is stuck in a motel in Raton, New Mexico because the interstate is shut down from the storm and he can't make it back to Colorado. Even the stores and malls are closing down.

I did make it to the Dr this mornig though. I went to a Sports Medicine/Orthopeadic Surgeon. I think I went to the right place as the very first thing they did was take complete x-rays of my foot and ankle. The podiatrists and general practitioner did not want to do that, "it's just a sprain, R.I.C.E. it". Well I know there is something a little more wrong than that, I'm the one with the foot and the pain! One of the issues has beeen going on since July and was not a result of the chiropracter messing up my foot. The Dr seemed really competent and ordered an MRI after checking me out and listening to all the details (which goes back to when I was 5 and drove a shovel through the big toe on my right foot trying to dig a swimming pool in grandma's back yard. (And yes, my uncle and I did get a whuppin' a couple days after the hospital). She thinks I have a stress fracture on the July issue and she wants to see the MRI for the inside of my foot and ankle.

Then, my office calls and they closed for the day! That's cool as I can hang with Diane and the girls and have some family time. Of course, I'm further behind on my holiday shopping but I'm not stressing! There's always Saturday and Sunday! The Dr said I can keep swimming and if it doesn't hurt I can do the stationary bike until we get the foot MRI back. Better to get things fixed now than the spring. I have 10 months to get ready for SOMA 1/2 and my swim is just about there. Hopefully I can bike by March and walk/waddle by June :-)
Snow report tommorow!

7 comments:

Jeremy said...

Duane,
Take care of that foot and enjoy some time with your family for the holiday!

Di said...

Hey Duane,
I agree with Jeremy. Take a load off and enjoy the Holiday season. If you don't, you could make it worse on yourself. You men are so stubborn about giving in to pain. ;)
Merry Christmas and good luck on that last second holiday shopping.

Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

Be careful with all the snow. I'm not familiar with it but it sounds very very dangerous.

Congratulations on finding good doctors. Let's hope they speed up the recovery process.

Enjoy the extra time with your family.

Happy holidays!!!

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

So you had the chiropractor experience too? Sweet Baboo had his broken hip mashed on pretty hard by one until a Sports Medicine specialist ordered and MRI and found the stress fracture. Ugh!

Wes said...

Stay safe out there in snow land. Good think to take care of that foot now and stay active! Merry Christmas!!

Unknown said...

Take care of your foot - you'll regret it if you do something to make it worse.

and i recommend playing in the snow rather than driving in it. :)

Porscha said...

Oh I hate chiropracters. I'm sure they're good for something but I haven't met one that made something better than worse.

On the snow issue, I can't wait to make my very own snowman for the first time ever!!!