Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Bad Day, Worse Day, Good Day, Could Be A Great Day?

Bad Day: Picked up my Buick and handed over my bike $ to fix the transmission. As Geekgirl told me: "Pretty soon you'll learn to give up silly things like cars, food, and housing in favor of triathlon gear. Then you will have arrived! ;-)"

Worse Day: Thought I was having a back spasm this morning and I am instead passing a kidney stone (#6 in my life). I have taken the pain killers and am waiting for them to kick in. I was about a 9 on the pain scale of 1-10 earlier, crying, it hurt so bad, vomiting, blood pressure through the roof. Now I'm at about a 6 on the pain scale. I can feel the stone making its way along the tract, the kidney is hurting less. Lots and lots of water to dialate!

Good Day: Went to the Orthopaedic surgeon, had x-rays, was evaluated, and I have "Winged Scapula". And I thought I had "Snapping Scapula", go figure. My rotator cuff is fine, as is the socket etc. She says my case is mild and should be very correctable with PT and muscle strengthening. I get to keep swimming. Six weeks of PT to go along with my second six weeks of PT for the ankle. That will sure chip away at the sick-leave balance! And four copays a week? Damn! I'm ordering my trainer anyway! One good thing, I noticed as I was pacing around the office in extreme pain was that I was actually walking half-way decent today.

Great Day? With all this good luck, I'm bound to hit the Powerball tonight (ha,ha!). Then you'll see some real bike porn! LOL! Well I need to go drink some more water, I'll post tommorrow and let you know how I'm doing. I appreciate your visiting and encouragement, as always.

12 comments:

M said...

OMG! I am so sorry to hear how bad you are feeling! It sounds so miderable, and I hope it goes away FAST! I hope you feel better tomorrow and will send good healing thoughts your way!

Flo said...

As someone who had to give up their bike fund for a dog with cancer, I feel your pain.

As for your real pain, jeez hope that passes quickly. Really sounds horrible.

Spokane Al said...

Geeze, you are having a rough go at it. I hope things pass soon.

Wes said...

Just damn! Hope the kidney stone thing gets over quickly. Nice to hear that everything else is working out for you. If you win the powerball, remember your buds :-)

Iron Pol said...

Wow, talk about piling up all the crud in one time frame. That's one of those good/bad situations.

Bad in that it makes for a rough period.

Good in that it's (hopefully) all out of the way in one fell swoop. If you're already PTing for the ankle and limited on training options, why not pick now to have shoulder issues? And if you HAVE to pass a kidney stone (ick), a training down time is a good opportunity.

jbmmommy said...

Wow- can't really relate to the pain you must be experiencing- hope it passes as quickly as possible!

Glad to hear the shoulder prognosis is good.

Good luck with that Powerball plan, too. I keep hoping I'll win, but I'd have to buy a ticket first.

Bigun said...

Owch - 6 stones so far - need to change that diet, probably...I've had 2 - I feel for you. Just takes one to remind me not to drink the sodas or sweet teas - I've never had one evaluated, so no idea why I got them - but I drink more water and less crap now, and no stones...definately the worse, prolonged pain I've ever felt - and I snapped the ACL which I thought hurt - for a split second. Hope you pass it quickly, Big D...

Anonymous said...

Feel better Duane!

Good news on the shoulder front, though.

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

Aiyee. Sorry to hear about the stone, dude. I've heard they really put a new meaning to the work "pain". Hope you're feeling better soon.

Donna said...

Alright now, enough drama and get back on track 100% please!!!

But remember when you win that powerball-right after buying the ticket-you don't remember your buds as Wed says, but instead, come to me and we'll help you and you family spend it in the way that is right for you.

It can only look better from here right!?

Hang in there Duane.....

TriShannon said...

Feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

and here i am complaining about my stupid PF. hope you're feeling better soon, my friend.