Friday, February 23, 2007

Better Day

My stone passed, the Percocets worked great, and all is better. Went to PT yesterday and today which went well. I didn't win the powerball, $3 down the drain! Tommorrow it's back in the pool and on the stationary bike. Monday it's back to weight training.

Found a Cycleops trainer, mat, thong, riser block, training DVD, and a Cateye Bike computer all for $330, which seems to be a very good deal. I'll balance the ol' checkbook tonight and see if I can afford it !

Have a great weekend of working out and enjoying life!

11 comments:

Flo said...

Glad to hear things are better.

As for your question on what songs do I want to learn, pretty much anything. I just really like music and in high school loved to play. But I am a rocker so I think anything by the Eagles would be okay :)

Unknown said...

Glad today was better; your Thursday didn't sound like much fun.

Wes said...

Delighted you are over the immediate trauma. Now, back to work on the long term things. That sounds like a great deal on the equipment. Hope you can swing it.

S. Baboo said...

Sounds like you found a good deal on the trainer stuff, surely there must be some stuff around the house to sell...what would the fam say to a "support my triathlon addiction garage sale!"

Uh, sorry did I just say that?...so lable me "enabler"

M said...

yey!!!! glad to hear you sent those stones a'packin!

TriShannon said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better! Sounds like a good deal with all trainer stuff.

Faithful Soles said...

Duane, your entire blog is amazing and incredibly inspiring. If you get a chance, please visit my running web site, Faithful Soles. I have a categorized and searchable Running Blog Database on there and would appreciate it if you would link your blog to it. I know that it will inspire many, many people. My "Runner of the Week" next week is a young lady from Canada whose weight loss transformation is unbelievable and she was actually chosen recently as a Weight Watchers Success Story. Thanks and continued good luck in your training. I look forward to following your amazing journey.

momo said...

glad to hear it has passed, i know those can be miserable.

remember, you can't win if you don't play!

Mary Sunshine said...

THONG??? Did you throw this in to see who is paying attention? Or is this a new piece of tri gear that I don't know about?

I don't think a thong is required for the bike trainer, is it? I've heard that some triathletes skip the underwear altogether...

;-)

Va.girl said...

Duane,

Can I just say that you and your dedication is a true blessing. I've sat here tonight and read most of your blog for the last year. I too have lost a good deal of weight - still have 60-70 lbs to go and quietly dream of completing a triathlon. I have hit a mid point plateau that has been so discouraging, yet I find inspiration in your writing. Thank you -

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're feelin' better Duane! Hope the cheque book balanced, too!