Friday, April 27, 2007

Tears and Time

I've had really great workouts this week. Then I call home tonight just before I go in for my legs and shoulders workout. My youngest daughter Kelly answered the phone. She is 12 and in the 6th grade, but all of a sudden she sounded so grown up, like a teen! Where's my little kid? After the workout, I was driving home and the tears were really flowing down the ol' cheeks. Just like when I dropped Becca off for her first day of high school last September. It goes way too fast.

7 comments:

Bigun said...

ahh, yea, good luck with that...(what I mean is, good luck with having an daughter in high school - what's more challenging, managing that, or an Ironman? In high winds? In the heat? With no water? I'm thinking Ironman...)

Duane said...

IM must be much tougher! The girls are generally very easy (except for that estrogen thing!)

Wes said...

They never stop growin up! You have such beautiful daughters. I would consider you an extremely lucky man, especially if you have a good shot gun :-)

Unknown said...

I can SOOOOOO relate to that.

It's sad that they grow up so fast. I think of it being something like watching a caterpiller turn into a beautiful butterfly. I'm just not in any hurry for my butterflies to fly away!

Tea said...

I can relate. My 13 year old son answered the phone the other day, and I had to ask who it was. I'm just not used to THAT voice coming out of him.

When they were babies, I would think that they'd never grow up. Now, sometimes I wish for a little piece of that again. At the same time, it's truly fun watching them grow into these amazing adults.

momo said...

i have a 12 year old, too, a boy. he hasn't started growing quite yet - but his feet are huge, so i think its coming soon. now, my 10 yo daughter? all i can think of is that i am in Trouble with a capital T.

your daughters are beautiful, btw! great pictures.

Kelly Kiana's Tri-Blog said...

Dad i cant belive that u put that picture of me on there!! omg!!! :P