Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Accountability

My weight - 389, back where it was a year ago after having gone up to about 414 over the winter. By this time next week I will bust that number! I had a really great week except for Saturday when I went off the wagon, I was unprepared with my eating plan and it was a very sad day so I went for the creamy stuff. When I'm stressed, I tend to go for the salty/crunchy stuff, but the emotional days are creamy. Hmm! Identifying what type of food I want to medicate with may just help me identify and deal with whatever is causing me distress!

But just for today, I am back on. I have almost decided on a name for the new blog - "A Shared Journey" or "Our Shared Journey" (Thanks Jenny!) If you are going to be part of our support team, please vote on which one! Thanks!

Today's thought for the day: Gratitude is an essential component of a life that's filled with joy and meaning and richness. Whenever I choose gratitude, it always makes life better. (Ralph Marston)

14 comments:

LBTEPA said...

Hi Duane
I was thinking of you yesterday as I shovelled emotion-smothering food into my mouth - and then STOPPED.
So you helped me - thanks :)

Anonymous said...

One day at a time, Duane!

Great progress.

Bigun said...

just keep at it, big guy.

I came back from Germany when I was in the army WAAY over-weight for army standards (like 260 when I should have weighed 210) so I made a deal with myself that I'd have to earn EVERY meal with a workout. Run in the AM for Breakfast, Weights before lunch, another run or rucksack walk for dinner. I was single back then and had the time, but in 6 months you can bet I was studly and down to 225. I need to get back on that plan!

Wes said...

You are a triathlete. Food = Fuel. That's it bro... No more, no less. Swim, bike, run, kick ass. You'll get there. IM CdA is calling....

Podium quest said...

I both names. Its great you've figured out which foods match your moods. I'm glad to see your determination! You are Iron bound baby!

Melissa said...

Duane, it's great to here you are back on track. One day at a time, baby!!

About the blog, my vote is for OUR SHARED JOURNEY.

Later,
Melissa
www.mommymeepa.blogspot.com

SM said...

Just like others have said its not only one day at a time, but it seems like one hour at a time or one minute. Stay strong!

Brigitte said...

I love our shared journey Super D.

Go Mom Go said...

Our Shared Journey sounds good.

Duane, don't beat yourself up over one day, just keep rocking the way you have been!

Laura

Di said...

Duane, you are a humble man with a Great Soul and a Fine Spirit that draws people to you. You are indeed a gift. I don't know if you know this girl through blogging or not, but maybe you could pay her a visit. She's had a hard time of it lately - http://redstritraining.blogspot.com/2007/09/upset.html
xoxoxo
Di

Mary Sunshine said...

OUR

M said...

I am totally diggin on the accountability thing. Way to keep on it - we all have slips every now and then, so don't be too hard on yourself. Keep it up!!!

Jenny said...

"Our" sounds more personal...love it. I think finding that right balance of how much food we need to fuel our workouts, while not emotionally overeating, is so hard - I've been doing well the last week or two after being lazy all summer but tonight I let myself get too hungry and wolfed down the kids' leftover mac and cheese, half a bowl of cereal (also kid leftovers) and way too many other random things - I'm mad at myself but won't let it stop me from eating the way I CHOOSE TO EAT tomorrow. I hit the 30 pound mark AT LAST last week, and now it's 32 - doesn't seem like much, maybe but it's huge to me. A ways to go, though - I'm sharing this journey, all right!

Dances with Corgis said...

Cool checking in with the stats... always good to keep on top of that!

How about "The Shared Journey" just throwing that in there to the mix... otherwise I vote "Our Shared Journey"