Monday, November 26, 2007

Ironman and Stuff

Just in case you're interested: NBC 2007 Ford Ironman World Championship, December 1st, 4:30pm-6:00pm EST.

I would also like to introduce you to Cheryl!

I was supposed to start back into structured training today with Pete. I have the flu and I was blowing and going most of last night, both ends. Reminded me of driving the porcelain bus during high school and college, man I'm glad I don't go there anymore! (I know, TMI!) My OCPD tells me "work out!" but my brain and stomach tell me "go back to bed!" I'm opting for the latter.

My MRI was rescheduled and I finally got it done, tomorrow I meet with the Dr to get the results. My shoulder still hurts. I have not done any swimming or biking since SOMA, just walking and weight training. I am looking forward to getting back into gear. I hope I will be able to swim! As Pete says, I don't have an off season, I have a post season! Let's get moving!

Pete and I met and laid out my plans for 2008.
May - will add something here, just not sure which one yet, any suggestions?;
June - Trailblazer Triathlon near Spokane, 400 yd swim, 12 mile bike and a 5k. Hope to hang with Kim and Spokane Al;
June - Then I hop on over to Idaho and Volunteer at IM CDA and hang with more cool bloggers;
July - Table Mountain Triathlon with my daughter Kelly. She starts back training next week.
August - Rattlesnake Olympic here in Colorado;
September - TriGlenwood again (it will be a yearly thing).
October - Probably do SOMA again.

Thanks for your encouragement and kind words, hope you all have a great week!

16 comments:

Cheryl said...

Thanks for the heads up about Ironman on NBC! I am always upset that I don't get to see any triathlons because I don't have cable and the sports channel. This is one I will get to watch. Yay! So sorry to hear that you've been sick. I agree with your "go back to bed" diagnosis. Your body needs to get well before you ask it to start doing a lot of work again. Good luck and God bless with your shoulder and family issues.

Tri-Dummy said...

You forgot about your free entry into the Maranatha Triathlon in Maxwell, Nebraska. The 28th of June.

LBTEPA said...

Fingers crossed for a good MRI result Duane.
Having been through a few hard family changes myself, I can only send 'hang in there, remember you are surrounded by love and support' vibes. And (((HUGS)))

Dan Seifring aka "OBRATS" said...

Thanks for the heads up on the Ironman on Saturday. Rest up, the flu is nothing to mess with.

IronWaddler said...

Looking forward to watching IM on TV.

Sounds like 2008 will be a great year.

Spokane Al said...

I am looking forward to meeting you in June at Medical Lake.

Dory said...

Hope your result turned out ok. Like your plan for next year... good luck!

Anonymous said...

Best of luck with the medic today!

jbmmommy said...

Good to see you. Hope the MRI goes well.

Looks like you've got quite an exciting year ahead.

Best wishes to you and your family.

Wes said...

Sounds like a great plan. We'll hold out for good things on the MRI. Be careful at IM CdA. That volunteering thing can be dangerous :-)

Oly said...

Ororke sprint tri is last week of april or first week of may. In np w/ Dummy and me.

Anonymous said...

Fingers crossed for excellent results.

Brent Buckner said...

Yes, fingers crossed!

Lucinda said...

Hope the MRI goes well.

fatassassin.blogspot.com

Mary Sunshine said...

Hi Duane,

Thinking of you and praying that you use your great powers of endurance to move on through the tough times to a better and happier future.

Mary

Brigitte said...

Hope you feel better soon. And to start the great new jingles : all will be great in 2008. :)
Sending you big big hugs.