Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Milestone

Yesterday I had a major improvement in my fitness. When I lay down on a bench to do chest exercises, Jess always has to help me sit up. Yesterday I was sitting up on my own. I know that may not sound like much, but for me it was a huge step forward in my fitness!

26 comments:

Flo said...

Way to go Duane!!!! The first time I could just sit up instead of rolling on to my side I did it over and over and over..... until I was sore the next day. Don't do that ;)

LBTEPA said...

Congratulations Duane!

Dan Seifring aka "OBRATS" said...

Awesome Duane.

Wes said...

Very cool! Celebrate the little things!

ShirleyPerly said...

Awesome Duane! Happy New Year to you and I look forward to hearing about that "major surprise announcement" you mentioned below.

jbmmommy said...

Great job. Those little things really make a difference

Anonymous said...

Excellent!

Anonymous said...

Wooohooo, those little milestones that not everyone can understand are sooo exciting!!

SWTrigal said...

That means the core is working! Good job Duane!

Go Mom Go said...

Duane,
You rock and it is so exciting to read how you can recongnize each milestone. Regardless of how big or small.

Keep on going!
Laura

Anonymous said...

I agree that each milestone is very important. Bolder told me a couple of years ago with the swimming to celebrate each bouy. Sitting up is a bouy not towards a swim finish neccesarily, but to your goal in general and so why not celebrate.

Your positive attitude is contagious and I aspire to celebrate over accomplishments each and every day.

Way to go Duane!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your improved core strength! Woohoo!

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work!

Bolder said...

nothin' wrong with claiming small victories!

or, ALL victories!!

well.done.

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

Isn't it great when you hit those milestones? Congratulations!

Kate said...

Let's hear it for you abs! Way to go stud.

Kim Herring said...

Nice work D! Keep it up and celebrate every milestone.

Cheryl said...

That's great! Another milestone. Good for you!

IronWaddler said...

Great job, Duane.

Lucinda said...

That's brilliant mate. Well done!

Di said...

HOOTY HOO!!!

Melissa said...

Duane, You are doing awesome!! It's great too acknowledge the small accomplishments as well as the bigs ones. The little ones really keep me motivated when I feel like I am not getting anywere. Keep us posted. You are always so encouraging to me.

Melissa

triguyjt said...

just think how much more core strength you have...
congrats and all the best in 08, duane

Anonymous said...

How about a new post?? :)

"davfid" said...

We all have different milestones to achieve in order to reach our ultimate goals. Way to Go!!

greyhound said...

Any time one goes from "can't" to "can," it's a big deal. Doesn't matter what it is.

And your "can" list is getting longer by the day. Keep it up.