The other day I e-mailed Pete (my coach)telling him I wanted him to step up next weeks workouts, I mean after all, I have Monday off and only about 7 hours of workouts next week! He wrote back and told me he had taken everything into consideration and to enjoy the recovery week. Well after today's 2 hour ride on the dreaded stationary bike, and then 15 minutes on the treadmill, I suddenly realized that after tomorrow's 7-mile hike up Waterton Canyon and a one hour bike on ____, I am really going to love having Monday off! I think my total for this week will be about 12.5 - 13 hours with some really intense workouts (10% incline on treadmill, etc). I think my OCPDness was showing.
I was talking with a friend today and she said to me (after hearing I had done 2.25 hours of aerobic work today), "don't you think you are a bit obsessive about this triathlon stuff?". I had to laugh. I know this triathlon lifestyle must seem absolutely bonkers to non-triathletes, but to us it is quite normal. What will she say next year at this time when I am up to 18-20 hours a week? She might think I need a referral to a mental health counselor!
I have not been sleeping well, my new bike takes up a lot of room in my bed! (JK!) Tomorrow she's out in the sunshine for a workout. Her name? It hasn't quite hit me yet, there are some great suggestions:
Hammertime <--Click here

Mellow Yellow <--Click here
Miss Bee (Killer!)

Miss Daisey
NOPE!
Not that one either!
Yes, that one!
Thanks again to you bloggers! Have a grrrreat week!
15 comments:
After two years of being nameless, my LBS guy christened my bike last night and it finally fit (Pepe Le Tour). So don't rush the naming until it feels right :-)
The murgels don't get us do they ;-) Be patient with the name. It will come to you....
LOL. would that be muggles? Hell if I know. I'm not a huge Harry Potter fan :-D
It's fun trying to explain to non-triathletes that really, you don't do that much compared to many others. :D It confuses them.
So so so glad you love the new bike. Looks pretty snazy! It was so fun working with Stronger as she put this together! Ride on!!!!
Laura
Hey, uh, thanks for the inappropriate for a married man thoughts. ;-)
Hi Duane,
the little poll on my blog wound up in a tie between Miss Daisy and Hammertime.
I think I'm going to switch my vote to Hammertime. Which would break the tie.
Yikes! Get rid of that snow!
Hugs!
ps. is obsession like a bad thing?
Daisy Fuentes!!
Aye Carumba!!!
you'll know his/her name when it comes. you will. it'll just fit.
yeah, the non-triathlete people don't really get triathletes. I guess that's OK with me...
triathlon is definitely it's own culture. I have been submerged in it now for 3 years, I often forget that the average joe out there has no idea about Triathlon. I don't do all of the trainng you guys (Bigun) do but I certainly live it. It's a nice place to be.
Pins and needles to see what you name your lovely "Velo"
;)
I think that yellow flower might be a zinnia so that might your bike's name (nooooooo....... just kidding!)
How about...
"Tri-Me" or "Tribulations" or "Triumph" or "trijustalittleharder" or "Janis" or "tri'dandtrue" or "TrueblueOdie What's Yellow"?
It will come to you in it's own time.
ACK - I mean "its own time" sheesh
It will come to you. Mine came to me last week. I hadnt really thought about it much and one day it came to me...windbreaker
HAMMERTIME....uh oh uh oh uh oh
That is the name:)
Hey I wanted to talk with you about the rims. I had some issues with busting spokes on my rims (cause of my weight). I wound up buying touring rims for about 300$. It was the best investment i could have made cause busting spokes sucks and it never happens until you are out about 10 miles....
B
shasta (as in daisy)
queenie (As in bee)
flora (flower in spanish)
ms thang (just kiddin!)
more coming as I think of them!
Post a Comment