Tuesday, October 28, 2008

New Mantra

In 2006, my mantra was "I don't need a pizza fix in 2006!". Has kept me off pizza since then (major binge food for me). I have not eaten commercial pizza since then, had healthy home made pizza one time.

So, my mantra for the next year as I prepare for IM AZ 2009 is this:

"I am a Triathlete; I am training for Ironman.

Food is my fuel, not my medication or lover.

I fuel my body - I don’t abuse it with food.

I love myself by eating healthy and am grateful I make that choice".

I am going to drill this into my thinking and meditate on it often.
I am also grateful for you all!

11 comments:

Spokane Al said...

Food is my fuel, not my medication or lover. - I hope you don't mind if I borrow that one!

ShirleyPerly said...

Great mantra, Duane!! I'm sure many others will find it useful. Best of luck to you on your journey to IMAZ 2009!

SWTrigal said...

There ya go!
:)

Wes said...

Gah! You are doing Ironman AZ one year too early!! {stomps foot} Oh well!!! You go and rock it, Duane!!! ANYTHING you set your mind to, bro!! ANYTHING!!

Carrie said...

the grilled pizza almost doesn't count! :)

Calyx Meredith said...

That's a great mantra! (Food is fuel reminds me of Finding Nemo's Bruce the Shark saying "Fish are friends, not food" which makes me smile. :D) Mantras are powerful things. I am a firm believer in them! (Amazing job on eliminating the pizza!)

LBTEPA said...

I have taken your postive attitude and smacked my negative self-talk with it. I have mantras! Thanks Duane!!

Brigitte said...

positive is always the way sweetie.
:)

TriShannon said...

Love the new mantra. I might have to steal it and say it to myself from time to time as I lead up to CdA.

TRISHARKIE (AKA Ronda) said...

Love your mantra!!! Keep up the positive thoughts and the great work!

KrissyGo! said...

Awesome!!! This mantra will take you far! I can't wait to read about this next chapter in your journey!

I'm so excited for you to register for IMAZ!