
Brandy and I just got back from a four hour work out. Reality for me? My butt hurts, my tri-bike is faster, outside training is way tougher than inside, and it is going to be a very intense 6 months! Holy Crap!
Reality for the not sure what to call them? New comment on a previous post from some one who of course is anonymous (no balls). Here is what they said: "Duane,I don't believe one word of your blog. As a person who is training for a sprint tri, I know how hard it is to do all 3 at one time and you can't and we know it. Glad you are losing weight but lets be real.
Sorry, thats how I feel."
Well I guess the video, 6 finishes (including an Olympic distance), many witnesses and pictures of my races are all just fantasy! That's right, I photo shopped my pics in! Darn, all this time I thought I was a triathlete!
You know, that person needs help.
27 comments:
OH NO HE DIDN'T!
That person has planted some very negative karma for himself.
To the idiot who posted that, I have personally raced with Duane..so there!
(duane-keep the higher ground!)
You KNOW what you've accomplished. We KNOW what you've accomplished. What anonymous thinks is irrelevant.
So keep on keepin' on Duane!
Don't give him another thought. The focus is on YOU and your determination and accomplishments!
Obviously that person was having a crappy training day and wanted to bring someone else down with him.
Ignore it - like jenny said, not worth another thought.
FWIW - I found your blog BECAUSE I did a race you did (Cornman, 2007).
Keep truckin' Buddy! You're doing great!
Duane, that person just totally pissed me off. Here's all I have to say, remember all of us who leave comments and are not anonymous. We love you, we believe in you. Do not let this idiot get into your head. Focus on all of us. Focus on our comments. Focus on all you done. I don't swear, but that person really makes me want to. Nobody better mess with our Duane, NOBODY.
Love you,
Melissa
Whatever! You know what you are capable of. You KNOW all the work it takes, and YOU DON'T back down. Keep it up. You are not a coward (unlike some people).
you my dear are a beast... and i know that first hand... it is obvious that "anonymous" doesn't have 1/2 the ambition or determination that you do.. sadly if they took the time to talk to you they could have had the opportunity to meet an amazing man who would have helped him out.. i have COMPLETE faith in you you are an inspiration to so many.. don't you dare even spend 5 seconds of your time on him... they arent worth it =]
I agree. I am so mad about that I could throw a fit. It is sooo chicken to leave an anonymous comment.
To "person-who-is-training-for-a-sprint-triathlon": You have absolutely no idea how hard it is. You don't know anything about Duane and you don't know what he is capable of.
To Duane: DO NOT give this anymore thought usless you are using it as a motivator. You have a whole lot of people in your corner no matter how you do at this race or the next. If you try, if you toe the line, if you do the training, if you finish or if you don't - we are proud of you.
Super D, you know that there will always be bullies. They are the cowards of this universe. A great person will always encourage. A coward will always be nasty. They have a horrible Karma and are wasting their lives so that you can become a better person in your wonderful life. Don't even waste a second on them.
You are amazing and you know it. That is all that matters.
“Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated.” - George Bernard Shaw.
Well, no matter what you do, not everyone will love you. Don't waste energy trying to figure out why ... just keep on keeping on!
Duane,
You are a rockin' guy. Don't waste your time on such a ninny. You know how you are and you are a great guy.
We all love you! Hugs!
Waddler
OK...so I had some time to ponder this...and you know, it got under the skin of all who know and love you...and then I thought, "How do we know it's a guy? It's likely just a jilted lover!" Poor girl. All kinda makes sense now. ;-)
So that's all I have to say about this.
Have a great day! Keep movin and groovin!
Mary
ROFL... Turn off anonymous comments. If God wants to comment, make him sign in...
This is one of those cases where your opinion is the only one that matters.
Poor, pathetic "anonymous" - they may be training for a sprint but they sooooo don't "get" (much less have) what this sport takes! It takes courage and heart - which you, Duane have in abundance and inspire in us all. Keep on doing what you're doing (and turn off anonymous commenting!)
LOL at Mary's comment - that's probably true! (watch out Staci!)
I think you should take Pink's song as your theme music - "so what, I'm still a rock star, I got my rock moves, and I don't need you anonymous!"
Oh "staci" is definitely watching =] .. and if it is a "jilted lover".. she needs to realize that he is quite taken now :) and I along with many others have his back =] --- HMMM that would explain a great deal... a sad, lonely, depressed and a complete anonymous loser would never be "right" for a dedicated athlete like my duane =]... muah baby... you've got this!!!
and as a little side not to "ANONYMOUS"... wow... get a life..
Duane..I peek in from time to time to see what's going on. You've come so far. Don't let someone who is unhappy, pissed off, whatever take you down so they can feel good about themself. You have given inspiration and hope to so many. Keep on doing what your doing.
I've never gotten one that bad, but I've had a few anonymous haters dump on me too, so I know how you feel. I know it's hard not to take personally, but we have to let it roll off our backs so we can keep rolling through finish lines!
You're the best, and we've all got your back.
To Anonymous, I've personally been in a longer than sprint distance race with Duane and cheered him across the finish line. He's an inspiration to watch and all around nice guy as well as being so supportive of new triathletes.
It boggles my mind that someone would leave a post like that but I guess the internets is an unpredictable place full of all sorts.
Good luck in your I.M. training Duane, sounds like you're doing great.
Hey Anon,.
you piece of shit.
Bring it MF
Oh and D-man.
I'm missin your tummy dude. You're looking svelt!
Nice bike too! THat day will live in my life FOREVER.
I tell that story at least once or twice a month.
194 days big man.
See ya down here.
Come early and I'll ride a loop with ya on the Beeline!
A.
Anonymous is right. Training for a triathlon *is* hard. And if they are doing it, and they know how hard it is for them, then maybe they have a teensy weensy inkling of how hard it might be for you too.
The best revenge on testicularly-deprived naysayers is to prove them wrong.
Go you!
Oh, BITE ME. If *I* can drag my overweight, middle-aged butt off a couch and go from nothing to Iron, then it can be done, barring serious medical conditions. Mr. (or Ms) No-balls is just a giant turd, trying to get a rise out of you.
One of the main things you need to train for any tri would be guts....some thing anonymous is obviously lacking!
Keep up the great work!
Someone once did something similar to me! She wrote in her blog that I must never have done any tris or marathons because I don't have a perfect body. Isn't that ridiculous? Don't let him get you down - he's not worth it.
I'm an Athena triathlete and I love reading your blog! I'm cheering for you on all your races this year, including IM!
Kathleen
I had a ball-less anonymous commenter prior to my Ironman South Africa adventure. I assumed he was someone I knew, as I tracked his data back to a Seattle address. Anyway, he (I assume he) was wrong about me, and this guy is wrong about you. But sometimes it's actually helpful to have a-holes like that.... it quiets your own self-doubt, and fuels your motivation. So, I say THANKS Ball-less dude! :)
Can't wait to race with you in 185 (gulp) days!
Someone really posted that? How incredibly lame!!
I finally looked to see who has been leaving me such awesome, inspiring comments -- WOW! You are doing so great! I can't wait to follow your progress to IMAZ...keep it up with the fantastic training.
Post a Comment