Thursday, May 13, 2010

2010 Goals Reset

Sometimes we must change course, be flexible, adjust. I looked over the bike course at Boulder 70.3 and quickly realized I would not be ready in time. What to do? Withdraw from that race and choose another (more time and flat). So in addition to Glenwood Springs, I am shooting for Beach 2 Battleship Half IM distance, November 13, which is six months from today. It will take a lot of work and dedication, but after last year's training, I know I can do it.

This will be the first year without a coach in three years. Adjustment? "Suck it up butter cup" as Pete used to always tell me. So I am on my own for now, but I learned a lot from Pete and will utilize that this year.

Ironman? I have already bought my airline ticket to Phoenix, booked my hotel room, and as soon as volunteer sign-up opens, I will! Then I will register for 2011, it is time to get this done! No excuses!

Have a great week of training!!!!!

6 comments:

Christi said...

Great decisions and good luck!

Big Clyde said...

Yes, good luck.

Can you tell me the mileage for each leg? I am new to all of this.

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

It's late back here. I need to proof read before posting.

What I tried to say was: Good choice. IMSG bike was 1 hr 45min longer for me than IMFL. Obviously hilly (mountainous?)

Always pays to race SMART and that starts by picking the right race.

Anonymous said...

Reflection and readjustment are often important parts of the training year! Glad you were able to do that.

21stCenturyMom said...

B2B is awesome!

Now I'm a little sad - the comment above mine is from Wendy :-( Really sad about her.