. . . you know me! I'm either getting really emotional about something or I'm meeting very cool people! Saw Iron Eric and Roman, then one tri-blogger I have been waiting a long time to meet -Cody the Clydesdale from New Mexico!
So without further ado, here is Cody, Coach Pete (he coaches both of us) and moi:
I also had the great pleasure of meeting TriTurtle and her husband Greg, incredibly nice people! She finished her first 1/2 IM under very tough conditions! Way to go! Here she is with husband Greg and her father.
I got to seeTea again! She also finished her first 1/2 IM and got to finish the race with her great husband Mike and her two sons:
Here are Tea and Laurie together, they both got hammered out on the course by one hellacious rain storm with a lot of lightening bolts! It was pretty hairy!:
Pete won the masters division:
And finally, Pete tracked down two famous Tri stars (the Lovatos) who spent about 15 minutes with Cody and I. They were very nice and it was so cool to talk with them! Amanda won the womens's race! Michael is prepping for Kona, I hope he takes it! He even gave Cody a shout out on his blog! Now how cool is that!
A very nice day!
21 comments:
What a great day! And hobnobbing with tri-royalty (I mean the Lovatos are lucky to meet you!)
Wooohoo...sounds like you had a *great* experience!!
Very cool you got to meet Cody, isn't he a great guy..he's one of my best buds.
Very cool, Duane! I understand Tea was especially glad to have you there :-) Nice job, bro! Great pics and report as usual. You did good!
Glad you had a good time, so many great people to see at these events, huh?
And great job on your recent accomplishments- racing and health-wise.
Wow..you're like a rockstar..i've always wanted to meet the Lovato's in person..how lucky you were!!!
Duane, I love you. Do you want to come to Florida and be my personal
cheerleader?
:)
thanks Duane! You are the best friend a person could have. For those bloggers who haven't met you yet, they are missing out on one of the truly great people of our sport.
looks like a great day - the conditions sound awful, but it sounds like everyone had fun and did well.
the lovatos are just too cute, aren't they?
Love the pics - that is so cool you met the Lovatos! They look really nice!
By the time I get to meet you Duane, I'm not going to be worthy to be hanging with the coolest, most respected blogger in the blogosphere. Great job on volunteering. Most races are only as good as the people working it and in this case the event must have been first class.
Love the photos- sounds like a great time. Thanks for sharing.
Hi there--totally cool that you're posting pictures of Cody! He's a near and dear Outlaw team member and I've been checking his blog for race results (not posted yet). I'm one of the women in the team picture with SWTrigal. Great to see what you're doing with triathlon.
Just stumbled across your blog... wow,man!
Way to be out there supporting your blogger peeps. Props!
Giving shout outs, volunteering at races, meeting tons and tons of tri bloggers... could we all love you any more? :)
Now this is just starting to get annoying... you are "too" nice, Duane. You're going to have to start pissing people off, sabatouging races, and being a little jerky, you need to balance the scales a little bit here! :P
Howdy. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I look forward to getting to know you better.
What a journey we are on!
It sure was great meeting you! Had a great time. Your even more motivating and friendly in person. Wasn't it awsome meeting the Lovato's? Hey....I got to hug Amanda Lovato! I can die happy now.
Thanks for volunteering and looking after the tri-peeps!
Can't thank you enough for standing out in the rain and waiting for those last few of us to come in. I really do feel honored to have met you in person. For those that haven't met you, Duane is even nicer in person. :)
Great pics and sounds like you volunteered in the rain.. You met our NM man, Cody. he is awesome and represents the Outlaws well!
Post a Comment