The race #s are in for the Tri-Glenwood:
Here are the numbers:
So a faster swim, no penalty, only 5:43 shaved off the bike but the brutal headwind made a huge difference. If I had that wind last year I don't know if I would have finished the bike. Faster transitions and 4:11 shaved off the walk, for a total time of 24:04 shaved off. I am very happy with that!
A couple more photos courtesy of Stronger (Thank you!)



31 comments:
man that's just awesome big D! Great PR, and you look great! keep up the good work!
Good Job! Great Pics!
Way to go Duane!!!
Wow, 24 minutes is a huge PR!!! Congrats again.
That is HUGE :-) Awesome, awesome, awesome! Another stellar performance by the endurance community this weekend.
Big PR - sweet!
Duane, 24 minutes is incredible. What an inspiration.
Nice job! A great improvement over 1 year. Who made those posters - they are cool! Even though you said you are around the same weight, I looked at the pics from 9/2006 and you look much smaller. So don't rely on numbers (ah, my downfall. I'm only 4 lbs lighter per the scale from January, but have shrunk)
Duane - WAY TO GO!!!! Excellent finish Mr. Triathlete! That is so awesome that you shaved that much time off of your race last year. You are such an inspiration to countless numbers of people.
You make me want to try harder and I thank you for that.
Hey Duane! You ROCK! Congratulations on your PRs!
Duane - That is like a 10% improvement. That is HUGE!! You totally ROCK!! What an inspiration. And the photo at the end...priceless. :)
What a great PR (we call them PBs (personal best) over here but I'll talk your language LOL) - and seriously, go and look at your photos from last year and see how much more relaxed and capable you loook! That last photo is one to treasure :)
Duane,
It's really been fun to read your whole blog in the last couple of days and see your progress in such a short time. Look at your pics from last year and this year. You look so much healthier and happier. I am so proud of you. Keep up the good work and keep the reports coming. You help keep me going on my journey. You ROCK!!!!! Your New Friend and a Big Fan, Melissa
www.mommymeepa.blogspot.com
Well done. Great PR! :)
Congratulations on your PR and another great one for the books. I admire your ability to keep rocking one step at a time.
Duane
You are looking strong. Great job to shave that much time off. The training hours are paying off.
Duane-
Congratulations! What an improvement over last year-keep up the good work!
Oh, love those banners, btw...you know, you can owe all your PR's to one thing...cool max. You feel good, and "you look marvelous"!
congrats Duane. So 24 minutes less next year to?
Yes, at the least! My goal is to break 3 hours!
24 minutes is like a freaking year, dude! That is AWESOME that you shaved that much off! Many, many, many props to you!
And, I love the pic of the kids with your blog sign. So freaking cute.
Way to get it done, Duane!
Man you rocked it, you have to be happy.
I like your blog, you are keeping it real, and I admire that.
-Brian
Outstanding improvement. Congrats on your PR!!
Duane!
Congratulations! You did so awesome! I love the signs.
Laura
Improvements in every area - that's AWESOME!
#'s don't lie, you did well!
that's more than a shave - you knocked a chunk off your time! Well done Duane!
Congratulations on an excellent PR! That is so exciting. Can't wait to meet you at SOMA!
Cowbell a-clangin' down here in GA. Way to go!
My heart is
:: BURSTING ::
to see these pictures and hear about your day.
You're my hero, Duane. Love You!!
The pics with your gurlees are priceless. Great improvement, brother!!!!
Post a Comment