Sunday, November 29, 2009

Foolishness


Thanksgiving was great as Becca and Kelly (and Annie) were with me for the holiday!

For the last 5-6 weeks I have been a working fool. Working late at night, working weekends, even dreaming about work! Averaged 60 hours a week. Got in lots of overtime which is great, but my working out has been next to nil. I'm up about 10 pounds! Argh!

Now it's time to switch from being a working fool, to a working out fool! Tomorrow I dive back in. Next Monday I will be back working out with Jess 3 days a week. I will swim 3 days a week, bike 3 days and do some treadmill. Calyx is my new weight loss coach. I am pumped!

No VikingMan, instead I went ahead and signed up for Boulder 70.3! I will do Glenwood again and most likely Redman, although if I have a lot of money to travel, I may do Beach to Battleship half. Will throw in at least one other sprint or oly. Time to get serious!

13 comments:

Big Clyde said...

Looks like IMAZ got your motor running! Go, Duane, Go!

Big Clyde

Dances with Corgis said...

Love the dog pic!

Christi said...

Good Luck! I look forward to reading your posts for the year!

Wes said...

Good choice! I picked up that swap book from Biggest Loser. Yea, I know. It's a first for me, but I've learned some good stuff in it.

Have a blast Duane!!

IronWaddler said...

Looks like a grat 2010 in your way.

Melissa said...

Duane, You are going to be AWESOME!!! Can't wait to race with you someday. Hopefully Ironman Wisconsin 2012. :) Talk to you soon. Melissa

RW said...

I may be at Beach2Battleship myself!

Yon said...

Hi Duane, I've enjoyed reading your blog and I saw you and some other MHM guys at the race in AZ.
You should consider joining the Rocky Mountain Tri Club (http://www.rmtriclub.com) Pete Alfino is a member as are many of the other MHM athletes. I think you'd enjoy the social atmosphere of the club, and it's only $45 a year.
Anyway just food for thought - thank you for coming out to AZ and cheering us all on.

Yon.

Calyx Meredith said...

:D Yay Duane! Did I tell you that we're going to try to do B2B again next year too? I'm crossing my fingers for you to have beaucoup travel money!

Podium quest said...

the Boulder 70.3 is awsome. It's a well put on race that is a fast course. Good luck. I'll be reading about your progress. BTW, work sucks, we should quit & be pro triathletes. Hey, I know guys who I work with who aren't the best at thier job & make a living. Why can't we do something we love without doing it as well as the other pros?

Podium quest said...

the Boulder 70.3 is awsome. It's a well put on race that is a fast course. Good luck. I'll be reading about your progress. BTW, work sucks, we should quit & be pro triathletes. Hey, I know guys who I work with who aren't the best at thier job & make a living. Why can't we do something we love without doing it as well as the other pros?

Brent Buckner said...

That's a hopeful-looking dog!

Mary Sunshine said...

Boulder sounds really wonderful!

It's hard to train when working a lot...do listen to your coaches about recovery and scheduling.

hugs,

Mary